View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the Premier League this time?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manchester City

1 20.00%
  • Liverpool

2 40.00%
  • Chelsea

0 0%
  • Tottenham

0 0%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Manchester United

1 20.00%
  • Other

1 20.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019-20 English Football Season Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I was only joking about scrapping the league. Obviously other things are far more important than football at the minute. Worst case scenario is they cut the league short. Nobody could argue that Liverpool deserve the title. I agree it’s the best league campaign by a team ever, better even than the Arsenal’s invincible season. I know I’m probably biased but I still think Utd’s treble winning team was better ... we only lost five games across all competitions. But I’ll admit that Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City and maybe even Chelsea have all had better league campaigns than us.

In summary, regardless of whether it’s postponed or cancelled altogether, give Liverpool the title. Even if the league finishes now and we miss out on a champions league place (depending on Man City’s appeal) then so be it. In the grand scheme of things, football isn’t really that important.

I never though no footbal (and scottish football especially) would drive me mental, but here we are.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND! A thing I've always wanted to post!!

It's hurt, it's smurfing hurt with all the so closes and the so nears. I remember David James throwing away the title, literally, in the 90's. I remember PlayStation magazines simulating the league on some old FIFA and Liverpool winning it, and my childhood self taking this as gospel. Houllier came second. Rafa came second, with a team that was better than United and we thumped them and Madrid 4-0 in a week. Brendan came second and Luis Suarez was the greatest individual season in PL history and it wasn't enough. And last season the smurfing greatest second place team ever with Klopp and it still wasn't enough. It's felt like a curse, a dark cloud over us all that's just been gnawing away.

smurfing hell. I've lived and died with this team this year. I've watched every game and they're just so good. They're monsters. They do not smurfing stop. I've never seen a team like it. They deserve it so much. Can't believe it. I love football and I love my club.

Blog Entries

I've genuinely logged back in to say congratulations Psychotic. It's been what feels like a lifetime but it's actually finally happened. What an end to the EoFF Football Thread story. We've gone through the Fergie years, the Russielloyd years, the Moyes year, and here we are, in current year. It's been well deserved. Liverpool Premier League Champions 2020*.

Articles

I’m actually smurfing crying. Jesus Christ. Stupid smurfing football. It’s finally over. What the smurf do I do with my life now?

I was working at a food kitchen today, trying my best not to be distracted by the Man City-Chelsea scoreline when an older woman, probably in her 70's came over to me. She beckoned me over after we'd helped her with some food in her car and she noticed I had on Liverpool socks. Lowering her mask a bit, she gave me a slight smile and then said, "I always had faith". Then she took out a photo she had in her purse. It was of her late husband and her, at Anfield many years ago. He'd passed away this year from COVID. She then said this: "I miss him every day and I know he's jumping up and down up there celebrating. I never walk alone."

Despite the pandemic, we embraced one another and in that moment, it was the best celebration of life and of our shared love of a team I think I will ever have.

Sports are trivial and silly. They are toys for us in a world that can be full of so much pain. For today though, they bring utter joy.

YNWA.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nah, seriously congratulations. You can’t argue with how smurfing incredible a side that you’ve got at the minute. Domestic and European champions. Breaking records. I don’t think there’s a better team on the planet right now.

It’s hard for me to watch though xD

Come back when you’ve won 20Lonny Boob, HURRY UP AND CLOSE DOWN EOFF BEFORE THIS HAPPENS

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

Congrats, you madlad. It finally happened.

Now for another decades long dry spell.

Actually, I prefer not. Too many Dutch players in Liverpool. I just hope they get their form back. I like the 4-3 high pace games.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just popping in to say that we're top of the league and LOL at Liverpool.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Just popping in to say that we're top of the league and LOL at Liverpool.
    No you're not, you're 5th. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ague-standings

And you can LOL all you want, but our 30 year wait is going to end soon. Even a plague couldn't prevent it.