Thread: Zelda Breath of the Wild

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel like the further you go in the game, the weapon durability becomes less of a problem. It was pretty quick before it stopped being a problem to me.

I thought it was a very pretty game, and it was relaxing. I enjoyed cooking even, which I didn’t think I would. That being said, I don’t want this to be the direction all future Zelda games to be in. I like the more narrative driven versions and the more old school top down versions of Zelda too.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

The thing about the durability system is that it adds nothing of value to the game. I had no actual trouble with it because I quickly realized there's no incentive to fighting anything out in the world, so I just ignored every enemy because why break your weapon on some trash enemy that drops a wooden club and gives you nothing else?

It just turns into you hoarding weapons until you actually *have* to fight something, at which point you break 3 weapons and move on, back to hoarding. It's not interesting and actually takes away from some of the fun because you just run straight from point A to point B without any combat in the overworld.

I agree. The durability system adds nothing desirable, but weapons are plentiful enough that it doesn't take away much either.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Idk, I felt the fact that the game forced you to work around combat more often than not was actually pretty brilliant but what the hell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as I’m concerned, the combat is the least interesting part of this game anyway.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I only played a bit of breath of the wild but I agree the combat is the least interesting part of the game. I don't think it had to be though and I don't think it was particularly good that it is so weak given how many monsters are filling the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Idk, I felt the fact that the game forced you to work around combat more often than not was actually pretty brilliant but what the hell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as I’m concerned, the combat is the least interesting part of this game anyway.
    I don't feel like the game actually did force you to avoid combat that much, because it was generally easy to sock some more important weapons away and just use the ones you pick up along the way. It's not like it's a stealth game, except that one part, which was annoying.

I do agree that combat is one of the least interesting aspects of the game though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I meant in the sense that Wooz mentioned - you are pretty much expected to avoid a lot of the battles, unless you get all the Korok poops and beef your inventory up. And that's perfectly find - I've completely neglected that sidequest and had a super small inventory and exploring the world involved a lot of resource management and picking your battles, and that was honestly one of the most refreshing experiences I've had