Thread: FFVI Music

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default FFVI Music

At this moment of writing I'm listening to the full original soundtrack by Nobuo Uematsu. What are some of your favorite themes from the original soundtrack?

I like the theme that plays during the last boss fight with Kefka, Terra Theme, the battle theme, and all of the Opera music. I think the FFVI soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks in all the franchise, and considering how great the music tends to be in each installment that's really saying something.

Discuss.

I also really love FFVI's OST, it's definitively one of my favorite ones of the series. I'm particularly fond of the musical theme of each character. I think it feels like their personality, which isn't always the case in the other games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFVI’s OST is what I consider Uematsu’s magnum opus. It’s an incredibly cohesive soundtrack that feels absolutely complete in every regard. Every instrument is exactly where it needs to be, with the prominence it deserves. There are so many motifs (and I don’t just mean the character leitmotifs) that come up in various places throughout the soundtrack for maximum impact and I could really just go on and on about how insane this soundtrack is. This is Uematsu’s peak, tbh

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fynn pretty much touched on everything I would say about VI's score. It is what I consider to be Uematsu's best score and the best FF soundtrack hands down.

Favorite tracks that haven't been mentioned yet include Epitaph, Awakening, Devil's Lab, Omen, Metamorphosis, Forever Rachel, Relm's Theme, Another World of Beasts, Gestahl's Theme, and Dark World.