Thread: Does this exist? (I might have made it up, but I don't know)

Default Does this exist? (I might have made it up, but I don't know)

The premise is as follows: A very skilled cheerleader (or gymnast?) has her mind mostly taken over by a stereotypical male action hero (covert or special ops). In times of danger, the cheerleader/gymnast's skills are used in rather frightening ways to subdue (or kill?) attackers.

I'm not sure if I've completely made this up. I know Buffy was a cheerleader and I feel there's some suggestion here to Last Action Hero wherein Jack Slater's daughter pretended at being a damsel in distress before utterly brutalizing her attacker.

If this premise has played exactly as I've described, I don't know who plays the cheerleader/gymnast and who plays the "action hero". I'm pretty sure if it happened, it was live-action and not a cartoon, but it also feels like it was more than a while ago and not a recent idea. I also am not clear whether it was on television. This may have been only one episode.

All that I know for certain is that I can't find any suggestion to it online purely by Googling.

Wait, has Batman ever swapped bodies with a cheerleader?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I can't recall anything with exactly the plot you've described, but I wouldn't ne surprised if they exist. The action hero in ordinary people circumstances was practically a subgenre of it's own in the 90s. Probably still is but I remember a ton of comedies coming up with that kind of premise in the 90s. The body swapping/taking over bit isn't as prevalent, but there's still enough movies like that for me to easily believe it exists.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Probably not what you're looking for, but this relates in terms of regular students/cheerleaders acting out of character in violent ways:

1998's Disturbing Behavior is an "invasion of the body snatchers" type of story set in a high school. A group of outcasts notices that one by one their classmates, even follow geeks and outsiders, show up one day as jocks and cheerleaders with a side effect of violent tendencies.

They find out that mind control is being used to make unruly teens become perfect so they can function properly in life, but the programming has some glitches that lead to momentary relapses and violent fits.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disturbing_Behavior

Depending on how long ago you saw this movie, your brain may be an unreliable narrator of the events that happen. This is at least adjacent to what you're talking about and you might enjoy it, anyway.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maybe Ninja III: The Domination?

A friend of mine was just saying he watched this hilariously awful movie from the 80’s and sent me a trailer for it. Almost looks like it is similar at least.