Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lame things you're ashamed to be proud of

Default Lame things you're ashamed to be proud of

I just played Monopoly not 15 minutes ago. I won by such a margin that I was actually donating property to my impoverished rivals just to extend the duration of the game. In the end (we set a time limit), all that they had of value was cash which could not even compete with my own paltry $4000.

When anyone owed me money, I pretty much ignored them unless they had something else of value like their own mortgaged property (which I never bothered to buy back) or a GOJF card (which I usually ended up using the very next turn, "oh, the luck"). I offered to let one of them work off their debt like a good little minion. I forgave so much rent, I probably would have broke the bank if I hadn't been feeling generous.

I have only played this game a few times in my life. Maybe 6. I had not won before. I once lost after the fourth roll of the dice. How does that even happen? This was a big moment for me and I spent most of my time changing out my smaller bills so my total would be easier to count since everyone already knew I was the night's kingpin. I am not proud of my pride but damn tonight felt good... which is just pathetic and sad, but I'll take it.

Anyone else got a worthless triumph notched in their wins collumn? Or is it just me?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The management team at my work was doing E.Q. tests and I both correctly ranked the order of empathy among my peers and was dead last in the test. I scored a 20/200 points. Granted, I'm not exactly ashamed about this either.

f06a05d6a5174f2bce34e1b4544e1b74--ice-princess-ice-queen.jpg

Lol, I love that

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The "weird flex, but okay" thread.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I can get 0:0.0 in Catcher Chocobo in less than 5 minutes easily, and I did it for a stranger in Sweden a short while ago using PS4 shareplay. I'm way better at this minigame than any human being should ever be. I think my record time is something like -18 seconds (if it didn't get truncated to 0).

Dan Gheesling thanked me during a Mario Maker stream because I translated the Japanese title of a level he was playing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

This dude that translates fantasy literature into Polish (not even a prominent dude or anything) had this lecture where he talked about that. He had us translate fragments of the Witcher into English. He said he liked how I translated the line into "Sounds like you're asking for a whipping, boy."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I'm not a furry.
    That's exactly what a furry would say

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I won a Blue Peter Competition Winner's badge.

Actually, sod that: it's not lame at all.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I got an award for being insightful.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

My wife thinks I'm the greatest just because I treat her like any decent human being should treat another human being. Respect and support.

I can't say it doesn't feel good to be appreciated, but still, feels like I'm cheating the system.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    My wife thinks I'm the greatest just because I treat her like any decent human being should treat another human being. Respect and support.

I can't say it doesn't feel good to be appreciated, but still, feels like I'm cheating the system.
    It is shocking how many people can't manage this when I agree it's like the bare minimum that people should strive for all the time. Sometimes I'll hear or read about how badly many smurf that stuff up and no matter how many stories I hear I still don't understand their thinking.

Personally, I think that if you're given an actual award, it usually isn't lame. Unless it is for something ridiculous like "loudest belch".

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Personally, I think that if you're given an actual award, it usually isn't lame. Unless it is for something ridiculous like "loudest belch".
    MLT Belch on Command.

God, I miss the Ciddies.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

Back in my crazy twenties a Kiwi taught me how to snort a piece of spaghetti up my nose and cough it out my mouth so that some was still hanging out of my nose. 🥴 I’m still pretty chuff about it; though I wouldn’t admit this to any of my grown up friends... who I like... and want to keep...

Boldly go.