Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What other FFS should be remake?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default What other FFS should be remake?

What it says on the tin. Are there any other FF titles you think should be remade?

I think FFVI should be remade. While I would hope it'd get the FFVII Remake treatment for being on par with that game in quality it'd probably be more on par with the FFIII and FFIV remakes than VII.

Discuss.

Articles
    Blog Entries

None. Give us Final Fantasy XVI already.

But if I had to pick one I'd say FFV. It could look like Bravely Default or something.

FFS! More FF remakes...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Realistically? Probably FFV and VI since neither game has received a proper remake. After that, I'd probably just go in order from VII. An FFTactics remake would be interesting as well, but they would need to get the band back together so to speak for that to happen. Honestly if the Ivalice team were to work on anything actually Ivalice related, I would either want a new title in the franchise or a remaster for Vagrant Story before a Tactics Remake.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

FFVII. I want a second remake alongside the one they're doing right now with the entire story to be told from the perspective of Don Corneo.

Definitively FFVI, and I'd love a remake like the one we'll have for FFVII. It's my favorite FF game and one of the most popular, and I think it deserves it since it's still in 3D. I think FFV could be fun too, but maybe more in the way we have for FFIII and FFIV ? I also hope they'll port those versions of FFIV and FFIII to the modern consoles, like the Switch and the PS4.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, I'd love to have a polished port of FFT on Steam. With the improved sprites of the iOS version and the lack of slowdown, combined with the stability of the PSP version. Of course, War of the Lions is the only version that's worthy, tbh. What would be fun is if there was also the option to play in other languages. If it was available in Spanish, perhaps my wife would finally be able to play it

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

None, just make new FF games instead.

That aside, I'd prefer remakes of the games I didn't enjoy as much, rather than remakes of the games I did enjoy. I can always go back and play VI, I like that game. Remake FF Tactics instead, the gameplay in that is excruciatingly slow even compared to other SRPGs.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

After further deliberation, I concluded that there is really only one answer here: Mystic Quest.

As anyone who has played this masterpiece could tell you, Mystic Quest was simply too ambitious for the poor SNES to truly capture. I feel we may have finally come close to a technological advancement in hardware to finally bring this epic title to the full glory that all of us Mystic Quest fans have been hoping for the last twenty seven years....

FFVI fully remade like FFVII could be amazing. Of course, the FF that could benefit most from a remake is FFII. They wouldn't even need to upgrade the graphics.
    Just replace the old, broken system with a regular experience/level system.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly feel FFII would be a pretty boring game with a more conventional leveling system.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I honestly feel FFII would be a pretty boring game with a more conventional leveling system.
    Yeah, how in the world would that make it a better game? With all the rereleases that have happened it's currently pretty much bug-free and has a very light leveling curve. I'm honestly pretty miffed by the notion that everything has to be standard in order to be enjoyable

Crystal Chronicles. I never played them because I never had the system for them.

Also FFA and Mystic Quest. Remakes will make them "canon". Brave Exvius too. Before Crisis. Dimensions. Type-0. Legends (Dimensions II). Justice Monsters. King's Tale (XV).

Yeah, aside from VI, I don't care if main titles get remade.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, how in the world would that make it a better game? With all the rereleases that have happened it's currently pretty much bug-free and has a very light leveling curve. I'm honestly pretty miffed by the notion that everything has to be standard in order to be enjoyable
    I like how in FFII I could do more damage with my fists than any weapon they had at the beginning to the point the enemies would start to run away from me. That was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post

Who says I'm saying everything has to ne standardized? Just because I don't like the specific system of FF2 doesn't mean I want only a one size fits all system. I'd sure prefer the most standardized RPG system in the world over what FF2 offers though.