Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFVII Remake @ TGS

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Default FFVII Remake @ TGS

What do you hope to see from Final Fantasy VII Remake @ TGS 2019?

I'd love to see the full intro and gameplay demo that was shown off at Gamescom that we didn't get to see. I'm hoping that the ShinRa propogana video actually features in the game as well.

Obviously in FFVII all we got to see of above the plate was the ShinRa HQ. This time around it seems that we could possibly get to explore upstairs and downstairs. I mean, Midgar is going to be the entire first game.

Wouldn't it be good if the party escaped to the city above after making it out of ShinRa HQ. ShinRa could announce a state of emergency and send out warnings against AVALANCHE.

Oh and I want to see the menus. Need to see how the materia system works now.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

More actual gameplay footage is always a plus. Also, Red XIII please?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hope it's cancelled.

That's maybe 75% trolling and 25% actual wishful thinking on my part.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    More actual gameplay footage is always a plus. Also, Red XIII please?
    Yes, yes, yes.

We've seen the Guard Scorpion fight quite a few times now, I think it's time for Air Buster. It's the first boss battle with a full party of three and I really would like to see how well switching between characters works. I'm also looking forward to seeing if there will be any team attacks like there were in FFXV. The unique combat styles would definitely make for some interesting battle scenarios.

What I really want to delve in to more is Materia. We can see it equipped in to weapons and armour and we've seen spells being used, but I really don't think it's going to work in the same way that it did in the original FFVII.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For them to announce a demo. Watching videos about combat is not the same as actually playing it , and I'm already seeing a few possible pitfalls with this title that what little nostalgia I carry for the game is not going to give it a pass. So the ability to have some hands on time with it in the comfort of my own home would probably change me from "Wait until it's used and I've heard some reviews from people's opinions I trust" to "Maybe I'll pick it up Day 1, or more likely when it goes on some Golden Week sale".

Beyond that, I would rather like to see either the Crossdressing segment, though perhaps leave Cloud's final outfit a secret for the finished game, or I would like to see how they intend to stretch an eight hour segment of a game into an actual 40+ hour title.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I want to see Tifa and Aerith in their dresses at Don's manor so I can swoon over them.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Honestly, just a trailer would suit me fine.

I'm already sold on the game.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Honestly, I'd just like them to tell us how many parts it's going to be in, and how long it's going to be between each one. That will tell me if I'm going to get it when it comes out, or just wait for it all to be out before bothering with it.

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    Honestly, I'd just like them to tell us how many parts it's going to be in, and how long it's going to be between each one. That will tell me if I'm going to get it when it comes out, or just wait for it all to be out before bothering with it.
    Yeah I was going to put this but then (going from my experience of working in the industry and seeing how marketing and business people think) I realised that they aren't* going to do this until after Part I is out. Get that sweet cash money in and then drop whatever bombshell there is to be dropped. Might lower future sales, but that'd be offset by already having made a killing from the initial installment - especially as Part I is likely to be the highest selling regardless.

(*assuming the marketing people have the biggest pull on the strings, which seems pretty likely at SE)

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Sadly, you're probably right. The thing is, I won't be able to buy and play part one when it comes out anyway. Something something trying to get enough internet to download the inevitable day one patch in the middle of the ocean being impossible. By the time I get somewhere where I can actually play it, hopefully we'll know when part two will be out. If it's less than a year, sure, I'll pick it up. If not, I'll treat it like a book series that I'm not sure the author will ever finish, and just wait for all of it.

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    I'll treat it like a book series that I'm not sure the author will ever finish, and just wait for all of it.
    Haha, this is honestly the way I feel this is going to go - and that if it ever gets finished we'll probably see a (making numbers up) Part VII sometime around the PlayStation 7 era...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm about tired of hearing about this game. I just want it to be out already.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They're just setting up for the inevitable sequel where you fight Genesis and the FFX tie-in.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

According to one report, we'll get a glimpse of the Shin-Ra staff and the bike.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    According to one report, we'll get a glimpse of the Shin-Ra staff and the bike.
    Midgar has so many characters, I'm excited.

Also the livestreaming schedule has been announced and the Final Fantasy VII Remake will be getting a special stage show that starts at12:20 on the 14th September.
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 09-07-2019 at 07:22 PM.