Thread: Ayen's Top Ten Best Movies List

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Ayen's Top Ten Best Movies List

Inspired by WK's thread, and I miss doing these. Now I did a lot of these back in the day, but the one I never did a list for was movies, so here we go. What do you think you'll see here? What do you think you won't see here? Will my taste shock or sicken you? Will you be or at them. Only the moon knows

Sit tight. Movie covers are coming

Articles
    Blog Entries

No guesses, huh? Then I'll just dive right in.

The original Spider-Man movie came out in 2002 and was the first major motion picture for the web-head that proved there was serious money to be made for comic book movies. It starred Toby Maguire as Spider-Man and spawned a video game based off the film the same year.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a pretty big Spider-Man fan. He's my favorite superhero, so it's only fitting that he'd find a spot on my Top Ten Best list. This movie had a solid cast, plenty of humor, and plenty of action between Spider-Man and the Green Goblin, one of Spidey best villains. This movie is already over ten years old, which makes me feel pretty old right about now. Still holds up to this day.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have an odd relationship to the original Spidey trilogy. I feel the films are good but have not aged as well as I would have liked and are a bit too campy nowadays. My biggest issue with the films is that Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst just never set right with me in their roles. Tobey is honestly my least favorite actor to play Spider-Man as I felt Andrew Garfield was a far better one even if the scripts he was working with were inferior to the Sam Raimi ones. I did love William Dafoe as Norman Osborne and he's honestly the best thing about the first movie.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"back to formula?"