Thread: Final Fantasy VI Advance - Complete Soundtrack (High Quality)

Default Final Fantasy VI Advance - Complete Soundtrack (High Quality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmvpXQWR64Y&t=8199s

Since there is no high quality soundtrack of the GBA port of Final Fantasy VI on YouTube, I decided to take it upon myself to do just that, because this game and all those involved with it deserve better.

I extracted the midi files found in the GBA rom, converted them to mp4, and encoded at a constant bitrate of 320 kbps. As a result, the tracks sound closer to what was originally intended with the removal of audible defects native to the Gameboy Advance. In addition, I have edited certain tracks to resemble their SNES counterparts more closely. For instance, the track Omen from the original SNES was split into 3 separate tracks for the GBA; I have edited all 3 together to resemble the SNES version in this video.

Regardless of whether or not you deem this soundtrack inferior or superior to its SNES twin (maybe these remasters will persuade you), I hope you enjoy listening to them! =) (Oh and obnoxious plug, but feel free to check out my channel too for more high quality renders of your favourite soundtracks in the future.)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Huh, actually doesn't sound half bad.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Funny enough, it looks like I found your YouTube channel awhile back cause the link shows I've already listened to a decent chunk of this. I'm not terribly fond of the GBA renditions of the OST, but I blame a lot of that on pure nostalgia and being overly familiar with the original OST. On the flip side, I do appreciate the GBA fix around bringing to light some parts of the tracks I may have never noticed so I do appreciate that about it. Thanks for sharing!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Currently listening to this at work whilst I complete a mind-numbing task. Thoroughly enjoying it!

I think someone should do a fan dub