Thread: Replaying FFVIII on Steam for the first time since 2000.

Default Replaying FFVIII on Steam for the first time since 2000.

I'm trying to play this like a total scrub- as little levelling up as possible, carding everything that moves and abusing low levels with stupid high junction stats.

First time I've done this as I played it originally like an idiot and had to chomp through 2,000,000 HP of Weapon.

Selphie still annoys the hell out of me.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have two files of the game on my PSP currently. The first one is where I'm going to make the game my little bitch but making myself ridiculously overpowered by exploiting Card Mod and Triple Triad. Totally going to get Lionheart on the first disc as well. My second file is planned to be a serious challenge run where I plan to severely limit how much magic I can draw/use, build characters for jobs, and no stat % sub abilities. While I have a few other games on my docket, it will be interesting to see how far I get in each file.

Yeah, I'm currently abusing card mod and the refining techniques. Just been battering the guy who squats at Docks for Armadodos/T-Rexaurs for Quakes then Ma Dinct for Gespar and Cockatrices.

By then I should have enough money for a pile of tents to refine tonnes of Curaga.

I may do a more standard playthrough where I level up somewhat. I'll be playing FFIX before then.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?