I'm sure this happens to most of us, but despite the canon of a story by its creators, have you ever decided they just lost their mind and simply choose to ignore it? So this is about Fanon Discontinuity where the fans choose to ignore official canon on a story because they feel it's dumb or unnecessary. This thread isn't necessarily about arguing what is actually considered canon, this is just about venting on what you wish wasn't canon.

For me personally, direct FF sequels are always non-canon in my head so don't try to bring them up to me in conversation cause I will gladly explain why everyone should ignore them. Also the whole "FFVII and FFX take place in the same universe" thing is also stupid and doesn't actually make much sense. Especially since X-2 kind of had to retcon a bunch of stuff in FFX to make this actually kind of work.

On the flip side, I ignore Kato's insistence that Radical Dreamers never happened. I feel the setting of the Chrono universe makes it plausible to still be canon via alternate timeline. Kato sort of did this to himself since some of the new material in the DS version of CT gives credence to RD's interpretation of what happened to Magus.

So what are some plot related canon that you choose to ignore?