Thread: This didn't happen... (TV/Movie/Book edition)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Colbert This didn't happen... (TV/Movie/Book edition)

Like the video game one, this is a thread about stuff you wish wasn't canon, so get ready to hear a lot of people talk about the last season of Game of Thrones. This is a general media so you can talk about any TV show or film series you wish.

For me, pretty much any Tenchi Muyo! material written after the first film 1996. Tenchi in Tokyo is pretty bad and the less said about the 3rd and 4th OVA series, the better.

The new Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita material written after the original finished. Say what you will about the original manga's half-assed ending, it is still leagues better than all the nonsense from Last Order and Mars Chronicles.

I also tend to ignore the distant finales for Harry Potter, Naruto, and Digimon Adventures where the authors chose to "hook everyone up" as the pairings often felt weak or just plain weird.

There are only three Alien movies, two Terminator films, and only one Predator and Matrix films. Don't argue with me on these points.

What are some of your Fanon Discontinuity?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Everything that happened in Death Note after episode 25. Also I guess the Netflix version though it probably goes without saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    the last season of Game of Thrones
    probably the last 2 or 3 tbh

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

I'll get an easy one out of the way that hasn't been mentioned: There is no fourth Indiana Jones movie.

Speed 2 also didn't happen.

(I loved Predator 2 by the way, Danny Glover fighting a predator in an urban environment? Count me in)

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Basically everything after season 1 of Heroes for me. I still have yet to see the final season or Heroes Reborn (or whatever it was called), but I don’t really have high hopes for those either.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    I'll get an easy one out of the way that hasn't been mentioned: There is no fourth Indiana Jones movie.

Speed 2 also didn't happen.

(I loved Predator 2 by the way, Danny Glover fighting a predator in an urban environment? Count me in)
    Predator 2 just kind of felt like a crime drama that just happen to have an alien in it. I preferred the first one where it was more of a suspense thriller as the commando unit was stalked.

I don't necessarily hate the fourth Indy film like most people do, but I also concede the fact it's not as good as Raiders or Last Crusade. Indy 4, along with the prequel/sequel Star Wars films, the 3rd and 4th OVA series of Tenchi, and the Compilation of VII are all reasons why I am strongly against trying to make a continuation of a story so many years after the fact. Some stories are simply products of their time and work best in that frame of mind.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    along with the prequel/sequel Star Wars films
    I'm gonna be honest, my favourite Star Wars movies that don't contain the word Empire in the title are Rogue One and The Last Jedi. Some days I think I actually like Rogue One more than Empire if I discount nostalgia. Agreed on Aliens, Terminator, Predator, and the Matrix though. Although admittedly I have never actually watched Predator 2.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'll second my appreciation of Predator 2. If you haven't seen it, and appreciate the first one, you should at least try it out.

It did feel different from the first film, but for me that wasn't in a bad way. I liken it to the first two Alien films. Different, but both enjoyable. One example is I think the second Predator film gave us a little more of a look at Yautja culture. I thought that was cool.

A minor gripe, but I don't like the new lore behind lightsaber colors in Star Wars.

Before it was simply the crystal's color that determined it. And Sith sabers were red because they had to make their own crystals since the Jedi were protecting the caves where they got theirs.

Now the color of the blade is some mood ring type garbage that just feels lame. They are just adding substance to something that didn't need it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post

Oh this is a good one. I go with this one

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The Dead Like Me movie never happened.

Also, TNG: Nemesis. Not that the other movies were great or anything, but at least (SPOILER)Data didn't die for them. He died for a troutty movie