Thread: Hello Again? It has been a heck of a couple years.

Default Hello Again? It has been a heck of a couple years.

I'm not sure when I dropped off from being active on here, but it wasn't really my intention. It's just that life suddenly happened and took off.

It all began when I sparked up a fantastic new relationship with a co-worker. We found out that he got along really well and had a lot in common and we became fast friends. Some time into this we realized that we considered each other best friends. We continued being friends for around eight months or so up until we realized that we had feelings for each other.

We struggled a bit to figure out what to do next since the "getting to know you" phase was mostly well out of the way. Yadda yadda yadda we began dating after I spoke to her father (old school, I know) and we have been dating for a year this month. On top of that, even though we're not officially engaged, we would very much like to get married next year. She does have a promise ring I gave her on Easter Sunday that she hasn't taken off since.

There lies another piece of big news, I left my job of seven years to pursue a career (hopefully). It won't be cheap being married and eventually having children, so I decided to try something I toyed around with once before: Entering an electrician apprenticeship. I left work in late July to quite a bit of fanfare surprisingly. I have not entered anything yet and I still need to brush up on Algebra first, but with the free time I have I'm trying my best to fixed up my mom's house a bit so she won't have to worry about that. I don't want to juggle that with training and married life.

I'm nearly finished fixing up the laundry room and I'm tired from that today.

Anyway, things have been absolutely fantastic for me. 2018 I considered the best year of my life and this one has gone well, too. I'm super excited to move on into this new life with her.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Congrats, and I'm happy to see you back and hear life is treating you well.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It's good to hear from you - sounds like you've had quite the time. Congratulations on both your personal and professional news!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sounds like a very positive time for you

Glad to hear it’s going so well!
    Last edited by Bubba; 10-04-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Blog Entries

congrats! Sounds like you'd been quite busy!

I have also been very surprised at how well everybody has accepted me (with the exception of her brother). The relationship hasn't been drama free, but that is a lot of potential drama that was thankfully avoided. I'm just so freakin' excited.

Oh yeah, I also broke something for the first time ever this year, too. I fractured my right big toe by running a 2000lbs. pallet of soil conditioner onto it. It hurt like a mofo, but I was still able to finish my shift before going to urgent care (my GF wasn't very happy about that ) This was the day before I gave her that ring. That was a lot of fun, to. The nail finally came off a couple weeks ago and the new one is growing in nicely.

Nice choice, sparky is a good trade, just try to find good people to work with. The school part isn't particular hard really, but there is just a ton of information you pick up from experience and good teachers in the field.
    Glad you had a good couple years Darth

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

That's the great thing about forums, is that sometimes real life interferes, but then you can come back and jump in. Congrats on the new career. Hopefully it doesn't have you running around the country too much with the future little ones. My aunt is a journeyman electrician, and she moves around quite frequently.