Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: EoFF D&D Game (15th March!)

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

D&D's beauty is in its freedom and flexibility so I'm happy for people to be creative. With that said, I don't have an entire world prepared! There's an adventure there for you and it's up to you if you want to follow it. If you don't then... well... there really isn't much else.

If people want to be dicks then they have the freedom to be dicks, but that doesn't mean freedom from consequence. If you want to piss all over the tavern, fine, but the burly barkeep is going to beat the trout out of you. If you go on a murder spree, the town guard are either going to kill you or put you in jail. Although who knows, maybe you could convince them not to.

Following what Fynn said, I've known everyone for years. I have every confidence that nobody is going to take things personally if they don't get things their own way all the time, or go out of their way to ruin someone else's day. I want you all to have fun! You dumb dumbs all mean a lot to me, in your own way. Maybe.

Perhaps to set the ground rules, PVP isn't going to be a thing so you can't attack each other, and stealing each other's best weapon is a no too. If you want to have some banter or play some pranks (I will be disappointed if nobody casts a spell to make it sound like Bubba is farting at an inopportune moment) that's perfectly okay though. It's up to you if you're comfortable with that beforehand.

Oh, and no smurfing weird sexual trout. Yes, you. You know who you are.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

By the way, if anyone knows how to record a Discord call, we should definitely record this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Best way would probably be to load up OBS, and just have it recording.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    By the way, if anyone knows how to record a Discord call, we should definitely record this.
    Are you guys doing it in discord, I could make a special voice room for you. I may be able to let people come in to hear but if they're not in the party, they may not be able to talk. I can look at the permissions if I can do that. Cause I'd like people to be able to listen but not pop in and interrupt things. Unless you're all doing it via roll20's voice I dunno how that works. But if you guys want me to fiddle with some EoFF discord stuff, I can.

Articles

I've heard mixed reviews of roll20's audio quality so yes, help setting up a Discord would be great!

Are you still interested in playing by the way? I'm happy to set up a character for you on the off chance you're able to make it. That way they're there if you're able to and no harm done if not.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

I've used Roll20's audio before. It's pretty shaky some days. And gods help you if you accidentally refresh the page.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

It might actually help to try and have everyone try to make sure their roll20 account and the discord group you'll be working in is all ready to go ahead of time.

The first time a group I was in tried it, the first session was 90% trying to get people's audio to work, or trying to get their discord to refresh, or other issues.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That increases my likelihood of actually being able to make it there then

But yeah, a Discord voice chat room where people can enter to listen in sounds nice. It would kind of make it even more of a community event.

Articles

My thought is this - I will start up the Roll20 game at 4pm. As with all good D&D adventures, it starts in a tavern. At 5pm, someone - or something - will burst into the tavern and set all those who are present on their merry way.

Players can use that hour to get used to the system and make sure all sound issues are resolved. They can mess about in the tavern, interacting with its staff and patrons, get to know their own character and each other's, and there may even be an easy tutorial battle or two to get into the swing of things.

The 4pm - 5pm section is optional, so come by 5pm at the latest but I can't really pause for everyone else if you have sound/tech issues.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well I made a chat room and a voice room in discord. If you're given the "DnD" role you can talk in it. Otherwise, you can only listen. IF roll20's audio doesn't work.

and probably not, I wont make it. If I do I'll just be popping in briefly to hear how it's going kinda thing

Articles

That's great, thank you! I'll have to have a look this week to test it out.

Is everyone else still good for next Sunday? Do let me know even if you're 50-50, it just helps with planning.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

For me it all depends on when my kid will decide to go to bed, so 50-50 it is for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Won’t make the 4pm start, as much as I’d like to. Entertaining family now from 1:30pm but they’re usually leaving around 5pm. I’ll jump on as soon as they’re gone.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'll try to get my roll20 set up this week. Dumb question, but 4pm is GMT right? So 8AM Sunday for me in PST?

I'm at about a 90/10 probability here. I'm aiming to show, but with kids there could always be something that comes up.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum