Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF D&D Game (15th March!)

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

If it works out time wise, then sure.

I'm playing an online game right now where we're using a blend of Roll20 and Discord.

It's been fun so far, and Roll20 keeps the monetary investment for players to a minimum. I'll ask my DM for links to the manuals and things he's sent us so we could character build if you need those.

EDIT: Whoops, missed the second page. Everyone have fun.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I'm good with you choosing a character/class for me. Might be more fun. I'll do name, though.
    Well, if you want to RP as Shauna then you surely have to be a Dwarf. A very angry one at that, a Barbarian! If there are any Dwarves in the game then you better believe I'm pulling out my terrible Scottish accent.

My current thought is that Del would make a good sneaky backstabby Rogue, and Bubba would obviously be a Bard. DK is going to be a Warlock and I think Shauna would make a good magic user or healer. But you guys tell me if I'm on the wrong path here!
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post

I'm playing an online game right now where we're using a blend of Roll20 and Discord.

It's been fun so far, and Roll20 keeps the monetary investment for players to a minimum. I'll ask my DM for links to the manuals and things he's sent us so we could character build if you need those.

If Freya and Chibi Youaki are unable to make it I'd be glad to have you along.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I am not. I have some family that apparently are coming into town and staying with my parents this weekend and we have been requested there. So I'll not be able to show. Sorry guys!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm down with rogue!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I’m all good with Bard

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Seems fine to me. I was gonna say to roll me a character, so that's all good.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I am not. I have some family that apparently are coming into town and staying with my parents this weekend and we have been requested there. So I'll not be able to show. Sorry guys!
    You're still okay, it's not 'til December!

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'm down with rogue!
    Excellent. You better believe I am picking the criminal background with your role in the criminal hierarchy being Enforcer.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh haha I thought it was this weekend lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I'm good with you choosing a character/class for me. Might be more fun. I'll do name, though.
    Well, if you want to RP as Shauna then you surely have to be a Dwarf. A very angry one at that, a Barbarian! If there are any Dwarves in the game then you better believe I'm pulling out my terrible Scottish accent.

My current thought is that Del would make a good sneaky backstabby Rogue, and Bubba would obviously be a Bard. DK is going to be a Warlock and I think Shauna would make a good magic user or healer. But you guys tell me if I'm on the wrong path here!

If Freya and Chibi Youaki are unable to make it I'd be glad to have you along.
    Think you'll need links to player handbooks and other sources for everyone or are you all set?

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Whelp, it's looking more and more like I'm not going to be able to make it, unfortunately. My workplace is sailing off over that week, and I don't think we're going to be back on land before that date.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Think you'll need links to player handbooks and other sources for everyone or are you all set?
    Yeah, I'm gonna need this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So approcimately what hour will this be taking place? Because if it's after my kid's bedtime, I might actually be kinda considering joining this thing... if there's still room, of course

Though my only experience with D&D outside video games is DMing some 3.5 campaigns. Granted, I was very poor at it and never fully grasped all the systems, but I think I know enough of general D&D to just... get by as long as the DM does his job well

Articles

Anything you'd be willing to share would be gratefully received. I have the PHB and XGtE myself although I'm sticking to just PHB for this game as I'm new to Roll 20 and don't have XGtE on Roll20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    Whelp, it's looking more and more like I'm not going to be able to make it, unfortunately. My workplace is sailing off over that week, and I don't think we're going to be back on land before that date.
    Sorry to hear that, I'll take you off the list. Some other time might be fun though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    So approcimately what hour will this be taking place? Because if it's after my kid's bedtime, I might actually be kinda considering joining this thing... if there's still room, of course
    It'll probably begin around 4pm UK time as I'd like everyone to be joined up from a tech side of things. We were full but as above, Chibi Youkai has sadly had to drop out - although I think sharky would also like to play too. Again, my thought on this is like an airliner. Let's oversubscribe because not everyone will make it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn
    Though my only experience with D&D outside video games is DMing some 3.5 campaigns. Granted, I was very poor at it and never fully grasped all the systems, but I think I know enough of general D&D to just... get by as long as the DM does his job well
    You would be one of the more experienced people in the game then! Also no, the DM will not do his job well

For reals, I'm slightly modifying a one shot adventure for beginners that's quite light hearted and fun and that's all I'm aiming this to be. I'm sure the players will smurf up and make mistakes and I'm sure I will as a DM too. It's my first time as a DM too after all, so in many ways you're all doing me a favour by letting me try it out before committing to it in some of my IRL groups.

I'm not looking to murder people with super hard combat, I expect everyone to be still trying to find their feet and it'll play like that accordingly. I want everyone to have fun and I'm happy to be flexible with the rules in the player's favour to achieve that. With that said, sometimes the luck of the dice just isn't on your side!

I don't actually have the material. A friend/DM I've gamed with off and on for 12-15 years (holy trout, I never realized) has it. Psy, if you message me your overall plan, I can talk to him and see what materials or links to materials he might know about to help out. Or just put you in touch with him directly.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What do you recommend for someone who has never done this in their life and whose only knowledge is based on episodes of Community and Stranger Things?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum