Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: EoFF D&D Game (15th March!)

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I had a good time and it was a lot of fun playing with everyone.

Seconding the love for Furniturebane. I love how a couple of pieces of flavour on missed attack rolls just suddenly spiraled into a key part of her identity and I hadn't expected anyone to name their weapon at all, so it was awesome seeing it pop up in the damage roll.

My favourite moment is probably a weird one but I just really liked Bubba marching over the bridge to enter into negotiations with a giant crocodile. That's such a strange combination of words to put together! I had no idea you guys would try to talk to it. And then I like that when he got there it was just "So... giant crocodile... how's it going?" because I mean what do you even say to one?

I also loved Del's improvised attack on the enlarged bear and would've been great had the dice been in his favour because it was just so cool and inventive. Hopefully the way he took it out in the end made up for it a little.

Oh, and Shauna is a prime method actor. The smurfing dedication to have that Gnome be a perpetual ball of motion. Bloody hell. And the Academy Award goes to...

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yeah, I had a great time. Plenty of laughs had! Thanks again Psy for running the show, and ofc to my cohorts in arms for making this as fun as it was!

*does a little jig out the door*

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Great campaign Psy. I can tell it takes a lot of work to put these together. You are the true MVP. I wonder how many things we didn't discover (like where that second path went...).

Later that day I went through the campaign again, this time with my kids. Son was Hammer, daughter was Schmaltzy (complete with dances), I was Frimelda, and our 18 month boy was Marmaduke. They really enjoyed it as well. In our run they decided to fight the crocodile instead of talking to it and spent several in-game hours eating every scrap of the orc's melted candy stash.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

I absolutely love that you did that. That's fantastic! I hope they had a whale of a time.

I think the general consensus was that people might like to play again, but given what a massive timesink a session is, probably only once every 2-3 months or so. I'm happy to DM for this group again though I'm also happy to join the party if anybody else wanted to take the wheel.

I appreciate there are a few people who posted in the thread and wanted to join but for various reasons couldn't. Realistically there's room for only one more person in this party to give it a bit more rounding, but any more and I think we might be pushing it a little unfortunately.

I'd be happy to run the same session as last night for a new group of people if schedules can align. It's all set up and ready to go on my Roll20 account so it'd be very easy for me to do. I had a great time last night so I'd be glad to do it all again!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It was tough to carve out this block of time (that one break really helped actually) so I may be iffy for future installments. I did like it and want to continue, but if there were others interested I can give up my slot without much worry.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

frimelda will live to smash another day
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'm happy to see everyone had such a good time. I think tabletops like DnD can be so fun with the right group.

I'm thinking of a game of Rifts I played yeeeeears ago where I was a door-to-door salesman dinosaur named Mr. Smiley. (It was a short session from a long time ago, so details are vague.) Silly things like that can still bring a smile to your face much later.

Articles

So I've had some thoughts on a next game. Would you guys prefer a heist situation with wacky schemes and social interaction or a spooky puzzle mystery with fiendish traps and scary foes?

I am also probably thinking January or February.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

spoopy pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Spooky puzzles for sure

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Spooky heist situation with wacky, scheming puzzle mysteries.

Articles

Spooky it is. The ghosts of all the chairs Frimelda smashed are going to rise up.

Also assuming Del is still in retirement, we do have two slots open for two new party members so do feel free to post if you'd like to sign up! Even if you couldn't make it last time due to a timing issue, because then we'll work on finding dates and times.

Articles

So hey I'm preparing a fun spooky romp for next time. Who'd like to play - newcomers and oldcomers all welcome! - and when are you available?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My availability is the same as last time. Midweek after 5pm and any time at the weekends. As long as we get a decent amount of notice then I’m all good

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd definitely like to join, but can't promise anything, as usual. It's hard for me to predict my schedule in the near future since I'm in the middle of changing jobs, but weekend evenings should stay open for me.