Thread: HELP! My file has broken.

Default HELP! My file has broken.

When I re-load my game, the world map shows up with the invincible and my sky chocobo. But Zidane is not there!!! When I move, it just moves the camera. I can save and use a tent, but it makes no difference (the tent is invisible too). I can go on the menu, but again, it makes no difference.

I have looked online and found nothing!

This is for the PS4 remaster of FFIX.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Both the auto-save load, and the manual save load, are the same with the same issue.

I'm so mad. Luckily I have already beaten the main story. But I was working on more stuff!!!

Can anyone help?

I'm so angry.

I cannot move Zidane (who you cannot even see). The cursor on the map is there, but he will not walk, it's as if he's trapped.

His cursor on the map is very close to the airship's cursor.

Disc 4, island near chocobo lagoon.

Can someone help, and if not, can I email PSN? Not sure where to find their contact details.

I really don't know how to help you but yes, maybe you should contact the PS Support, or maybe even Square Enix one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva95 View Post
    I really don't know how to help you but yes, maybe you should contact the PS Support, or maybe even Square Enix one.
    Thanks, I have contacted the square enix one as well as playstation.

I am so gutted though. I can't believe this has happened, and like I said, nobody else on the internet seems to have had this problem, not that I can find.

If anyone else can think of anything please message. Desperate here.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Weird! I can't even find anything on the internet reporting this issue. Can you use the airship? If so, I don't remember if FFIX has any locations you can enter directly from the airship (like that place in the corner of the map in FFVIII) but if there are maybe try entering one of those? Or go inside the airship cabin?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Weird! I can't even find anything on the internet reporting this issue. Can you use the airship? If so, I don't remember if FFIX has any locations you can enter directly from the airship (like that place in the corner of the map in FFVIII) but if there are maybe try entering one of those? Or go inside the airship cabin?
    I've tried that, no I can't enter the airship

I am moving the left analogue stick in all directions, d-pad as well, whilst pressing either x of o, nothing works. Zidane changes which direction he is facing, but that's it. It's like he is stuck under the airship or something.

Triangle always brings up the menu, and map autopilot doesn't work either.

Square replied, with some troubleshooting options, but none of them have solved the issue.

I have emailed back asking if I can just send them my save file and they can try and fix it their end.

I am still waiting for their reply on that, but if they can't do that then can anyone here do it?

I am so desperate now. Having severe OCD and aspergers doesn't help and I am highly stressed and depressed about this.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

If you don't have any luck with that maybe the folks at /r/FinalFantasy/ might have some ideas.

Only other thing I can think of is to just throw it all at the wall and see what sticks. Press every button, interact with every single thing in the menu, use every useable item to see if there's any effect, etc. But I imagine by now you're already tearing your hair out trying all that. Sorry dude

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    If you don't have any luck with that maybe the folks at /r/FinalFantasy/ might have some ideas.

Only other thing I can think of is to just throw it all at the wall and see what sticks. Press every button, interact with every single thing in the menu, use every useable item to see if there's any effect, etc. But I imagine by now you're already tearing your hair out trying all that. Sorry dude
    Yeah I tried all that. I ended up just re-starting the whole thing again, which was a pain but it's done now, I've beaten the game again and am back to where I was and then some.

Still though, it's messed up how this happened in the first place. I'm shocked that nobody seems to have discovered this glitch before.