Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's a film that you dislike but everyone else seems to love?

Blog Entries

Big Black Asses 3. Not the gender I was expecting.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

All of the Star Wars movies, and more recently all of the Superhero movies that have been coming out. I'm not really a fan of either genre in general, but I honestly don't understand how people can go so crazy over them. Even I never treated my favorite movie like some sort of cult.

Blog Entries

Definitely "La grande Bellezza"....boring!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    All of the Star Wars movies, and more recently all of the Superhero movies that have been coming out. I'm not really a fan of either genre in general, but I honestly don't understand how people can go so crazy over them. Even I never treated my favorite movie like some sort of cult.
    Dislike the Star wars saga as well. It is about computer graphics and not about acting and plot

Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Captain Marvel
    Captain Marvel has a 48% audience score on RT and almost no one speaks positively about it.

And yet it is defended so fanatically whenever someone harshes on it.

On the hand, I enjoyed Charlie's Angels. Maybe I just don't like Brie Larson.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

The Matrix.

lol, maybe if you said Revolutions

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

maybe i just dislike the genre but a lot of superhero franchises are just so boring and formulaic and predictable. i know the market for them is huge but just please stop it hollywood

The production value for most superhero films from the release of Iron Man and onward (at least insomuch as Marvel goes) is at its highest point and seems to be steadily climbing. What's more, there is so much lore to draw on that the stories just continue seemingly without end. Therefore, it's unlikely Hollywood will stop. There's even rumor of a sequel to Hancock. I also continue to hold out hope for sequels to Sleight and Chronicle (and please tell us Michael B. Jordan's character magically survived because reasons).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gashtacular View Post
    maybe i just dislike the genre but a lot of superhero franchises are just so boring and formulaic and predictable. i know the market for them is huge but just please stop it hollywood
    Omg same. It’s not that I hate them, I just really don’t get the hype

If I'd said Revolutions, it wouldn't have fit the thread. And I also never saw it, because the first one was terrible.

I dunno - Blade Runner's sequel maybe? It just could have been better

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post

If I'd said Revolutions, it wouldn't have fit the thread. And I also never saw it, because the first one was terrible.
    Well everyone hated the second and third ones and they loved the first one, so maybe you'd like those ones. But it really depends on WHY you hated the first one.