Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is in your gaming future?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default What is in your gaming future?

Was talking to Fynn about how I had a few cool titles coming out this month that I'm excited for. Got me wondering which games everyone else is excited to be picking up in the next six months?

For me:
    Death Stranding - November 8th 2019
    Romancing SaGa 3 - November 11th 2019
    SaGa Scarlet Graces - December 3rd 2019
    Trials of Mana - April 24th 2020

So what games are you looking forward to in the next six months?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFVIIR - 3rd March 2020

That’s it. Can’t afford any other new games.

Plenty in my backlog though so will work through those.

Blog Entries

CSGO. I put together a "new" gaming PC recently so I can play CSGO a bit more competitively.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Well, my levels of excitement vary wildly per game, but games I plan on picking up from now through April are:

Pokemon Shield - November 15th
    SaGa Scarlet Graces - December 3rd
    Monster Hunter Iceborne (PC launch, finally) - January 9th
    Final Fantasy VII Remake - March 3rd
    Nioh 2 - March 13th
    Cyberpunk 2077 - April 16th
    Trials of Mana - April 24th

Some others might (hopefully, especially in February) appear in-between, games that either don't have a release date or just games not on my radar right now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I can't afford games in general, so either have to rely on sweet deals or generous friends, so while I'm super hyped for Romancing SaGa 3 on my Vita, I'm most likely not going to get it any time soon. And honestly, because of all this, there are very few upcoming releases that I'm really looking forward to and are more looking out for special deals on older games, so I'm kinda backwards in that regard. Like, just recently, we got Pillars of Eternity 2 and the expansions to the first game simply because we got a fantastic deals on those and have been wanting to get them for a long time, and I'm kinda starting to want to get Octopath Traveler, but without any sale on it or anything, it is still super expensive despite not being a new release.

Gaming is an expensive hobby, what can I say. And idk, maybe it's just my sensibilities that make me more excited about older games than new releases.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

FFVIIR is a big yes, with Cyberpunk 2077 and Pokemon Sword/Shield being strong maybes.

Maybe Cyberpunk or Phoenix Point, but ultimately I'll almost certainly just wait for them to become cheap. The only game I will buy at full price in the foreseeable future is Baldur's Gate 3 and it's not that soon.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

FFVIIR is the only definite for me purchase wise.

Cyberpunk I'll likely pickup at some point too but it's not an "omg day 1" buy for me.

As it stands I picked up the Resident Evil 2 remake during the Steam Halloween sale so currently working my way through that.

Blog Entries

For me:

Xenoblade Chronicles (29/5 Switch)

The Last Of Us 2 (19/6 Ps4)

Ghost of Tsushima (July Ps4)

Crysis Remastered (Ps4 Summer 2020)

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Tba)

I bought Kingdom Hearts III, Mortal Kombat 11, The Outer Worlds, Jedi Fallen Order. Of all these, I've only played the last one and just to the point where I think the story is almost over and then I got 7R and just totally ignored everything else.

As to what I'll buy next: the only certainty is 7R Part 2. I don't think I have the motivation to buy anything else right now.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 05-07-2020 at 05:59 AM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still need to pick up Trials of Mana and SaGa Scarlet Graces in terms of new content I'm looking forward to. I also hope that we may finally get some real info on Shin Megami Tensei V this year so I can start prepping for getting a Nintendo Switch eventually for it.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Last of Us 2. despite all the controversy and hate i'm still going to get it. i'll make my own judgement and will do anything to avoid seeing or hearing about what got leaked

Ghost of Tsushima: saw a little bit of gameplay and it looked very interesting. i'll probably not get it on release tho

Assassins Creed Valhalla: i'm curious about what they can do with the viking era. i dropped the AC franchise a couple of games ago but part quarantine boredom + good reviews made me buy and play Odyssey.
    So far i think the game has so little to do with the actuall assassins and they should just not call it AC anymore at this point but the game is still very entertaining.

and obviously i'm waiting for the 2nd part of the Final Fantasy 7 remake.. thats probably going to take way to long

My wishlist is quite short. It contains The Last of Us 2, Assassins Creed Valhalla and Valorant (a nice balanced mix of CS GO and Overwatch as I was told). Btw here is a great service in case you need extra help to accomplish certain missions in Valorant or boost your char
    Last edited by Badr Boodai; 07-07-2020 at 12:30 AM. Reason: spelling correction

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'm losing my mind over the wait for Dragon Age 4, Elder Scrolls 6, and BoTW 2

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Still waiting on Digimon Survive.

In the immediate future, waiting on Shantae and the Seven Sirens from Limited Run games and Cold Steel 4. Might grab Battle for Bikini Bottom too.