Thread: The Best Gift

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cookie The Best Gift

What is the best gift you ever gave to someone else? What about the best gift you ever received?

I don't think I would be able to determine an absolute best, but there are some notable ones.

My "Red Rider BB gun" when I was little was the Tyco Crash Test Center and one year I actually got it. Another year I got a Sega Genesis. For my 10th birthday I got Sonic & Knuckles which (connected with Sonic 3) became my all time favorite game.

My birthday this year was nice in that I got a Death Star mug from my mom and my girlfriend made me a taco dinosaur blanket.

I have a hard time thinking of good gifts for people. It's nice when I actually think of something that they end up using for a long time. I got my mom a knife set one Christmas that is still in use. As well as a couple frying pans another year. Most gifts I get her I feel fall flat.

I made a charm bracelet for my girlfriend's birthday this year signifying various moments in our relationship. Her birthday the year before when we were still only friends I got her some tiny hands you put on your fingers. Those made her day.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

In terms of best gifts I've ever gotten - both of them come from EoFF'ers:

One was this unexpected card (which Locky is still an absolute BAE for): http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....44#post3492444

The other was, many, MANY years ago, Pike got me a Nintendo DS. Which I still feel kinda bad about it as it probably hit her finances pretty hard. But it's still so appreciated.

I think the best gift I've ever given was a watercolor painting set for my Nan. She was never really much for painting, but on a family holiday a few years ago we went to a painting workshop as something to do. She was really proud of her painting. The gift was originally meant as a bit of a joke, but she ended up loving it!

Blog Entries

Proposed to my partner on Christmas Eve.

Best gift that I ever gave was so mind blowingly phenomenal that Lonely Island (Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg) wrote a song and made a music video about it. Brilliantly simple, a piece of thundering heaven in a box... “it’s a d*** ina a box!”