Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best Final Fantasy game?

Final Fantasy X was my all time favorite before XV came out. X was my favorite mainly because it was my first FF, and I was so enveloped into the story. It also is by far the only FF to actually make me tear up at the end. No game ever had made me feel that way. FFXV is my new favorite because of how vast the game was. The game was hurried and rushed out which is why I feel so many disliked it. I wouldn't have minded waiting another year or two for the game to be fully completed. I loved the relationship between Noctis and Lunafreya even though they were never truly together, during the game, for a long period of time. And have you seen Kingsglaive? My goodness!

It's messed up that a game that took over a decade to create (regardless of any excuses or asterisks you want to put on that figure) could be called rushed. It may have been rushed near the end, but clearly it wasn't rushed (or probably even sufficiently prioritized) through it's entire development.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Final Fantasy (SPOILER)All The Bravest (SPOILER)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That’s because it wasn’t being made for the majority of that decade lol

Hence my comment about whatever asterisks you want to add to that. Bottomline is they advertised it with video of the characters driving around something loke a decade before the ultimate release. They should have been working on it over that time or they should never have prematurely advertised it in the first place.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    It's messed up that a game that took over a decade to create (regardless of any excuses or asterisks you want to put on that figure) could be called rushed. It may have been rushed near the end, but clearly it wasn't rushed (or probably even sufficiently prioritized) through it's entire development.
    It was never a priority and then when SE made it one, they rushed it out the door by putting a new team on it. There is no reason to really argue here cause most of the fact given about Versus XIII's development history showed the game never left the development phase. Even the few videos released are obvious tech demos showing what the team was shooting for, but nothing seemed to be really playable.

This isn't like Duke Nukem Forevor, where the team kept falling behind the tech leaps and kept the game in limbo. Versus XIII never existed as a fully thought out game, and XV was developed from those ideas in the span of a few years after Tabata's team took over. He has stated in interviews that his team and him told the president of the company that they either needed to restart the game from scratch or just flat out cancel it based on what was actually finished by this point and this was around 2012.

So yes, it was rushed based on the fact of its development. When the actual development team barely had anyone from the original team on it, and ended up reworking most of their ideas just to make the deadline, then I feel its safe to say that those " years of development" don't count, and we can safely say it was rushed out the door. Course the last numbered FF that wasn't rushed out the door during its development period was XII, so its not like SE has a great track record here.

VIII. Despite its flaws, I felt truly immersed in its world. And I found I related to the characters well.