Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default The FFVII Remake Demo has leaked

The FFVII Remake Demo was added onto PSN (though not publicly available without some work). Some entrepreneurial people managed to download it and have datamined a lot of interesting things from it.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/01/final-fantasy-vii-remake-demo-has-leaked-is-packed-with-teases-spoilers/

Spoilerific datamining post on Resetera: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fin...f-post.162527/
    Last edited by Aulayna; 01-04-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, from what I've heard, it's similar to when they datamined the demo for Dissidia Duodecim. Apparently the demo had info on large chunk of the finished game.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There are several videos on Youtube streaming the leaked demo. I took a quick look mostly just to see the opening video which was very impressive. I also really like the updated music from what I've heard so far. For the battles, you kind of need to play it to judge so I can't wait until the demo is released officially.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Are we allowed to talk spoilers here because some of these screenshots are v cool

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gashtacular View Post
    Are we allowed to talk spoilers here because some of these screenshots are v cool
    Just use spoiler tags to be on the safe side.

I'd like to say a big "smurf you" to all those involved in datamining this thing. I had no expectations for a demo at all, and now I know it exists I'm all at once constantly checking reddit etc to see if it's been released, trying to avoid spoilers, caving and looking at spoilers, and so on and so forth. The subreddit has turned from fun chat and speculation to thread after thread of "IS THE DEMO COMING TODAY?" "SOME RANDOM DUDE ON TWITTER SAYS HE HAS THE DEMO!!"

I don't give much of a damn about spoiling Square's marketing plan. I'm sure they're planning to drop it at the perfect moment for maximum hype and pre-order revenue, which is not something I will pity them for missing out on. But way to spoil everyone else's fun.

The characters (SPOILER) hojo! red! look great. Even (SPOILER) corneo . Hopefully, the (SPOILER) cross-dressing scenes are handled tastefully, its not 1997 anymore..

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I've avoided all spoilers so far apart from the opening cinematic of the game. I've not watched any gameplay from the demo or seen any of the leaked images / dialogue. Have I wanted to have a peek? OF COURSE I smurfING HAVE. But I'm going to be a good boy and wait until the demo, that's if we even get it anymore.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I'd like to say a big "smurf you" to all those involved in datamining this thing. I had no expectations for a demo at all, and now I know it exists I'm all at once constantly checking reddit etc to see if it's been released, trying to avoid spoilers, caving and looking at spoilers, and so on and so forth. The subreddit has turned from fun chat and speculation to thread after thread of "IS THE DEMO COMING TODAY?" "SOME RANDOM DUDE ON TWITTER SAYS HE HAS THE DEMO!!"

I don't give much of a damn about spoiling Square's marketing plan. I'm sure they're planning to drop it at the perfect moment for maximum hype and pre-order revenue, which is not something I will pity them for missing out on. But way to spoil everyone else's fun.
    I can get behind this. I've avoided spoilers, but I have been checking my gaming news feeds for an announcement. This is one of those moments where I wish SE would act more like a Western publisher, because if this kind of trout had happened to Ubisoft or EA, they would have just released the demo the next day since the cat is out of the bag.

I'm not really concerned with spoilers as much as I want to check out the gameplay firsthand and see if my concerns are valid or if this going to be like Xenoblade and actually work out well once you play it firsthand.