Thread: Glad I dodged that bullet...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Braaaaaains Glad I dodged that bullet...

What's a game, console, or gaming trned you never invested in and are still pretty happy about it because you know it wasn't for you?

A lot of things fall under the umbrella of never invested in and still pretty happy I didn't, but I wouldn't describe most as dodging a bullet, because that would imply some measure of almost having gone down the other road. In most cases I was pretty firm in my decision from the get go and am still happy with it. In terms of consoles, all Microsoft consoles fall into that category. Basically nearly every game on any XBox falls under one of two headings for me: 1. Games available on other consoles. 2. Games I couldn't possibly care less about. It's the only one of the three major competitors I can say that about, as Nintendo and Sony both have a number of exclusives that I care about. A closer one to dodging a bullet would be the Wii U. I decided against getting one until/unless they lowered the price. They never really did significantly and I never got one. Now I can get most of the worthwhile Wii U games on the Switch.

For gaming trend, VR. I just hope it doesn't take over in the next generation or I'll probably have to quit gaming. I tried some VR stuff multiple times because I have a friend who's way more into it. Every time my eyes feel irritated even after only a very brief playtime. I'm never getting into VR. I don't want to put screens right up against my eyes. That's crazy. I predict 10-20 years from now people will probably be suffering all sorts of eye problems (unless the technology is greatly improved and modified quickly) from this trout and people wondering why they ever thought it was fine, just like cigarette smokers back in the day.
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 01-12-2020 at 07:02 AM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Motion controls. Rather interesting that they were such an advancement in game control that they no longer exist outside of the VR space. Almost like they were never very good at controlling standard games and overall less effective and precise than a controller.