Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VII Remake delayed until April 10th

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chocobo VII Remake delayed until April 10th

Don't fret, it's only been delayed by a month, but a heads up for those who care and don't follow gaming news. Course this makes me wonder if the rumors of a March 3rd release of the demo may come true now.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A little bit miffed as I’d booked time off in advance (like a lot of people) for the original release date. Ultimately though I don’t really mind. I’d rather it be as good as it can be.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Really not helping themselves with the weight of expectation here. xD

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

rut roh

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It sounds like basically every AAA 2020 release has been delayed - FFVIIR, Cyberpunk, TLoU2, and probably others I'm forgetting.

I'm frustrated by the FFVII delay, personally. Of course, I'd prefer that the game be released when it's ready, rather than being rushed - but more than that, I'd prefer it if big game companies could just choose achievable release dates in the first place, so that they don't have to delay every other big project.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'd rather they took their time an released it when they're ready, but as Big D notes this is a common theme.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

It's whatever to me. I wasn't really sweating this because I still think it's not going to be the whole game and just Midgar which is like only the first 4 hours of the original game. I'm not playing on playing it until I know I can fight Safer Sephiroth.

I'm just curious about what needed polishing that warranted a delay, yet is small enough to only need a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ganon View Post
    I'm just curious about what needed polishing that warranted a delay, yet is small enough to only need a month.
    Maybe just some extra glitches that they noticed. I doubt glitches take all that long to fix. With this simply being a remake of a previous game I doubt it has anything to do with any kind of story details.

Well, they're definitely adding story to expand the Midgar section of the original game, but still I doubt they would be adding much of anything to the scenario at this late stage, and I imagine it would take longer than a month delay to deal with adding new story details, because then they would also have to do all the graphical details and other polish.

Remember when this game was supposed to be released in 2017?

New trailer dropped.

Tbh I'm a bit confused about Sephiroth appearing in Midgar. I really liked the way OG FF7 built up the mystery of him. And the Honey Bee Inn is now more inclusive compared to the original, where Cloud was banned after he became "too weird" due to his crossdressing.

Sepiroth appearing might just be flashbacks, but he probably at least will appear toward the end of the game. Consider that Sephiroth actually does show up near the end of the Midgar sequences (apparently anyway) in the original, the party's just a bit too late to catch him there. So it wouldn't be a particularly major change. Cloud also has partial flashbacks in Midgar in the original so these may just be extended.

It's not a flashback since the rest of the party reacts to him too. And in the original game we never actually saw what Sephiroth looked like until the flashback in Kalm. I know it's not that big a deal since he really was there, but I do prefer the way the original built up the mystery of Sephiroth.

I don't know. Cloud was holding his head the way he does when he has those quick flashbacks in Midgar in the original. The other party members do seem to react to him too but they might be reacting to something else possibly.

Also, the original game came with an instruction manual unlike most games these days. Technically you didn't see him in game before that, but who really didn't know what he looked like before Kalm?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Actual tears were shed at that new trailer. I am so excited.