Thread: The Best Summon

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Boco The Best Summon

I want to know what you think the best summon in the entire series is. No, I am not talking about a general "Bahamut" I want you to tell me which specific summon out of everything in the series is the best, so why is Bahamut from FFX better than all the summons. So specifically, what do you consider to be the best summon in the entire franchise history and why?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FF VII's Knights of the Round win for the sheer awesome factor of it. It's a childlike sense of awe maybe, but come on, you're summoning the smurfing knights of the round table and (usually) have all of them deal that sweet 9999 number to the enemy. It's blissful overkill to the extreme and I love it.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

My favorite is Anima from FFX. She's terrifying, like something out of the works of H.P. Lovecraft, her Overdrive even more so. She also is the single most important Aeon in the game, as her Fayth is a crucial (and sad) motivation for (SPOILER)Seymour. She also hits hard and I love the religious iconography she's inspired by, Anima Sola.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I loved Anima too. Absolutely terrifying and I was hugely glad she was on our side.

I actually think my favourite is Diablos from FFVIII though. I love the wacky way you obtain him by rubbing a lamp like he’s some smurfed-up genie. I also love the incredible noise his gravity ball makes when it flattens an enemy. Awesome audio for such an old console. Finally, Enc-None... enough said.