Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EoFF 2020 Census

Music and locations were really hard for me since so many of them are great. I'm really curious to see the results

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Music is one of the main categories that if I were to resend it now, the answers would be completely different. For one, when I could take the census I was in a place where I couldn’t listen to any music so I couldn’t refresh my memory on what piece was called what. For two, the answers just change based on my mood anyways.

I’m excited to see the results though!

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

I don't think my music picks would be different now but they're definitely the hardest, just because of the amount of it. Taking all of FF into account you've got easily more than 1000 themes. Sure, when talking about a top 5 you can easily discard 95% of that, but it still leaves you with way more than 5.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah trout, I somehow missed this. Oh well. I look forward to the results then I guess.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, finally heard back from everyone, so I should be able to get the results out soonish. I will say for now that while I plan to something a little more elaborate for top choices, I may skip over categories where things only got one vote. I'll still list them of course, but I'm likely going to not bother with a blurb or anything. For instance, out of 51 individual music tracks voted for, only ten of them received more than one vote. Even then, only second place is a lone winner not in a tie.

Here's some fun facts though:
    • In the character poll, only the NES entries have no representation from the numbered entries. There is at least one character from FFIV-XV on the list. There is also only one character from a non-numbered entry on the list.
    • Best entry had the widest range of FF entries listed in it including a number of non-numbered entries.
    • The Music question had the most noms with 51 different noms.
    • IX has the most locations voted for, followed by FFVII, VIII, and X. Interestingly enough, none of its locations got a second vote.
    • The Hardest FF and Which game to Remake questions had the fewest entries with both having seven titles listed a piece.
    • The majority of the music noms came from VI-X. Outliers include one track from FFI, FFXII, FFXIII, and X-2.
    • For my amusement, my question concerning Favorite Minigame was meant for a singular answer, but some of you gave multiple choices and I included them in anyway just to make it look more impressive.
    • Same as above, some of you didn't answer the yes/no question with a definitive answer, so I made a third ???? option for it.
    • No one who voted started the series after the PS1 era. Most games are from the NES, SNES, or PS1 generation.
    • Surprisingly, most people who voted have played a recent entry from the current or last generation. I've done this question before in the past and have had people who stopped playing the series after the PS2 generation.
    • The youngest person who voted was 23 years old, the oldest is 39.
    • For the Name question, most of you answered with your username, but a few of you did answer with your real name. I actually meant for it to be your username, so sorry.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    • For the Name question, most of you answered with your username, but a few of you did answer with your real name. I actually meant for it to be your username, so sorry.
    I actually briefly wondered aloud on the discord (which you should totally visit sometime ) which of the two you meant, then Fynn said he just used his username and I followed suit

Actually very interesting that IX had so many location nominations but none of them got a second vote. Incidentally this category is the only one where I'm 99% sure what got the most mentions.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, as I said, the number 1s are fairly predictable for this forum, but its what ranked in at 2 or 3 that are really interesting. I think the location question baffled me the most cause I really wouldn't have guessed which locations came in those places. Probably not helped by the fact that I don't care for either location personally.

There were also two entries for remakes I wasn't expecting, granted one of them was a joke but I counted it anyway. I imagine the other one will baffle a few people. The other surprise was "which entry you started with?" as number one is easy to figure out, but number two is a surprise answer.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I highly doubt my first entry was voted on by anyone else, so it probably won't come second And wow, I didn't expect my character nomination to be the only one outside the numbered FFs to show up.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    I actually briefly wondered aloud on the discord (which you should totally visit sometime )
    Seconded. The discord is dope.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight