Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on DLC for FF7R

the target lock still sucks, even when you realize it exists. camera movement makes it less than clear, and it can be tricky during a stagger (when you want to maximize use of time) to get targeted on who you want

I would say no DLC, I'm not interested in completely new content or any other perspectives (someone suggested playing as the Turks?) — start, if you haven't already, developing the next chapter: reassess the product you just released, address some issues, readjust the course if necessary, and go! Sorry, I might be becoming impatient already!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As I’d rather focus be on the sequels, I don’t really want any DLC for this game. If anything, I would maybe consider a dlc for the dancing mini game with more music and controlling more characters. Could be fun to watch Barret do some dancing.

I would enjoy dlc at the end of the series though with some alternative scenarios with maybe the Turks or Avalanche just because the characters are fun. Also could potentially deal with alternate timelines/what if scenarios for fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I just want Tifa's Advent Children outift.

[In desperate need of fixing]

Combat targeting mechanics. Both Aerith and Barret have a tendency to aim at nothing and, very typically, this includes wasting their triangle maneuver. What's funny is that if Barret actually shoots his Overcharge at one enemy and it dies before he's done, he will switch targets and continue firing on another enemy. But if there's only one enemy and he, for some reason, is not aiming at them, the giant meathead just fires his gun at a harmless wall off in the distance. The "Target-Lock" should not be necessary when there's only one opponent. Square Enix really put a lot of time and effort into making their two ranged-fighters look like complete retards. They must have a prejudice against this job class.

Also, the monkey-climbing needs to have its intuitiveness jacked up to 11. 'Cause, right now, it's about at a 3 and it damned infuriating.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 05-03-2020 at 12:28 AM.