Thread: Games you own more than one copy of?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Games you own more than one copy of?

For the sake of simplicity, we're not going to count games that you have in different formats. So if you have Final Fantasy IV on the DS, PS1, PSP, or digitally, we're not going for that.

Do you own 2 or more physical copies of the exact same game?

I have 2 copies of The Legend of Dragoon for PS1. The second was actually going to be a gift for someone, but I found out they already had it before giving it to them, so I decided to keep the like new copy for myself. I figure it'll give me an extra lying around of one of my favorite games while I wear out my original.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have two copies of Wild Arms 1, because my original copy has a lot of scratches and doesn't work as well as I would like. So I replaced it with another copy but I still have both.

I have two copies of Soul Calibur II, which was completely by accident. I received the original back when it came out, but got my second copy due to picking up a copy of Unlimited Saga online and the disc was in the box instead. I offered to ship it back to them, but they told me to keep it.

On a more "technical" side of things. I own both the English and Japanese versions of Final Fantasy VI (SNES/Super Famicom) and Xenogears (PS1).

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I have two copies of Soul Calibur II, which was completely by accident.
    Which console? I chose to get the GameCube version because I wanted to play as Link.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I have two copies of Soul Calibur II, which was completely by accident.
    Which console? I chose to get the GameCube version because I wanted to play as Link.
    PS2, which is not too bad since Heiachi is a bit of a BS character in the game. I would have preferred Link though.I still think Namco missed an opportunity here because KOS-MOS using her Beam Scythe weapon would have been perfect for the PS2 representative.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Since we aren’t counting rereleases, then the only games I might have doubles of are any games my wife had before we got married. And we each of have a copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf. That doesn’t really count though.

At some point a kid was visiting my parent’s house and destroyed most of my PS2 games. So, for a time I sort of had two copies after I rebought some of them, though I threw away the destroyed ones pretty promptly. That was a pretty upsetting visit back home from college.

I might have two copies of FF7 though neither os actually with me at the present. Can't think of anything else thougg I did get both PC and PS FF8.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

2 x Final Fantasy VIII for the PS1. Although, that's only because one of the discs was buggered in my first copy. Technically, they are slightly different though as the second copy of the game was the 'platinum' edition. Slightly different case but that's it.

I've doubled-up on a couple of NES & SNES games too after buying a few job lots.

2 x Super Mario Bros 2
    2 x Super Tennis

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Pretty much every Blizzard game release between The Burning Crusade and Battle for Azeroth I have multiple copies of because we always got given a Collector's Edition and Standard Edition at work, with the opportunity to buy additional ones at a reduced rate. At this point it's a pain because they take up so much room (real first world problem I know).

I have 2 sealed Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Editions and a sealed StarCraft II Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition.

And like 5 different box art refresh versions of World of Warcraft. xD

Not me, but my brother has 2 copies of Shadow of the Colossus. He bought the first copy to play the game and got the second copy later bundled with something else he wanted on ebay as it was cheaper than buying the other thing separately. I have a few books I have multiple copies of for similar reasons or for being gifted an additional copy with no receipt, but not any games that I can think of. I guess I technically have Tales of Symphonia both for the gamecube and as part of the PS3 re-release bundled with Tales of Symphonia 2 (I bought it to play the sequel) but according to the rules of the thread that wouldn't count I guess.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I have two copies of Final Fantasy XIII-2; the standard edition which I purchased, and the Collector's Edition which I won in a contest on this very site.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, I do have 2 copies of XIII-2 as well, sort of. I got it digitally originally, but I got a collectors edition of it not too long ago.