Thread: The relaxation of fishing

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default The relaxation of fishing

For all the thoughts I hear from people about the empty world map, one thing I did enjoy was finding hidden fishing spots. Even post-game, as I was driving around I found a large body of water I'd never seen before.

It's actually quite nice to just drive around listening to classic Final Fantasy songs and then finding an obscure spot on the world map to fish.

Did you ever shut your brain off and just take in the scenery? Or were you always trying to go from one thing to the next, incidentally finding hidden things along the way?

final-fantasy-xv-guide-how-to-catch-giant-fish-devil-of-cygillan-in-anglers-nightmare-quest.jpg

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I certainly made the most of exploring the world. Especially when Chocobos became available and I was no longer restricted to the roads. I generally like exploring in games, so I often took in the scenery.

I really enjoyed the fishing minigame. Brought back good memories of Breath of Fire III/IV since I would often fish when I needed a change of pace from the usual dungeon/town format. I could have done without the party banter though, so I wish you could have the option to fish alone. The mechanics were pretty good, so I got a lot of love out of it.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought of Breath of Fire III, as well. The fishing mechanics in games have definitely improved over time, as you might expect. Though I'll say for that game, when it came to relaxing and exploring I definitely preferred organizing the fairy village.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I enjoyed the fairy village as well, but I'm not sure if I would say it was as relaxing for me. Fishing just worked for me cause I was surprised how easily I could go into auto-pilot with it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

See okay, so I bought this game and I got to the part that introduced fishing.

So then I spent several hours.... fishing. I never finished the main game or anything. Spent my time fishing and that was satisfying enough so I put the game down after that.

I think I got to the chocobos?

I smurfing love fishing in video games.