Thread: Any first timers?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Any first timers?

This is gonna be a giant no from our regulars but

Are any of you going to be introduced to Final Fantasy VII for the first time with this remake? Or do you know people who are excited about it that aren't Final Fantasy fans?

I'll go one step further and ask a more inclusive question since pretty much everyone reading this knows this world like the back of their hand. Are any of you playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time since the 90's?
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 03-09-2020 at 09:42 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post

I'll go one step further and ask a more inclusive question since pretty much everyone reading this knows this world like the back of their hand. Are any of you playing Final Fantasy VII or it's remake for the first time since the 90's?
    Nope, just finished another playthrough of VII last year actually. Of all the numbered entries, VII has had the third most playthroughs for me behind IV and VI.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yup, the demo was my first experience of anything related to Final Fantasy VII.

I thought that Garret character was a bit over the top and I didn't like his glasses. Clown was a moody bitch but she had an awesome sword. I felt sorry for that girl with the flowers at the start... I hope nothing bad happens to her. I liked the hair on Biggles. He's their pilot, yes? Tessie was fun but annoying and... nothing to do with his weight, but Reg doesn't fill me with confidence.

It looks like the mighty She-Ra will make a worthy antagonist in the story. Princess Adora has changed a bit from her original design (less feminine) but her sidekick, Hide Reggae, cuts quite the imposing figure.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think if it's anything like the reactions I've seen to XV, this will be the first Final Fantasy game for a lot of teenagers. RPGs aren't a staple like they were for people growing up in the 80's and 90's, and these kids who grew up on the popularity of shooters and action/adventure titles are just now experiencing them in recent years.