I suppose this is one of the conundrums of telling a multi-part story.

How would you want them to handle your game character's stats going into the second game? There are a few ways you could go about it, I suppose, whether it be through level caps or starting fresh.

There will inevitably be at least some people who pick up FF7R 2 who have never played the first or have lost the means to carry over their save file from the first. Would you want a default "everyone starts at level 30 with reasonable armor" type of thing? Or do you just want to start fresh in the sequel?

Or, if your stats carry over, what do you do about someone who obsessively plays the first game to the point where they become OP? I guess it's their own fault, but it would make their experience through the second game a cake walk.

I've played a lot of games where the level reset of a sequel is written into the story, whether it be a time jump, a memory wipe, or something to that effect. But I don't suspect that'll be relevant, as they're just continuing to tell the same story from where it left off.

Discuss.