Thread: Playing FF7 PSX and FF7 Remake at the same time

Arrow Playing FF7 PSX and FF7 Remake at the same time

What do you guys think about playing both at the same time. Playing a portion on the old game and then re-living it on the new game.
    It's been a long time since I've played the original and have forgotten most of the second half of the story.

I see it as a way of maybe appreciating the changes to the new game.

What is your take?

ShadowNINku
    Est. 2002

If you try to play the same parts side by side it might be difficult because the scale will be off. Should be fine for the first mission, even though it will be a good bit quicker in the original, but after that who knows how easy it will.be to maintain.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well yeah there’s the fact that they’ll be changing a whole lot about the story, and then there’s the fact that the game is split into episodes, which means this nearest release will only cover Midgar. It’s probably better to put off a side by side play through for when all the parts have been released

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it would be interesting to someone who hasn't had countless playthroughs. I can literally visualise every single screen from the original so wouldn't necessarily need a side-by-side play. For someone like yourself though who isn't as familiar with the story then I'd say go for it!

I might do that once all the episodes of the remake have been released.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I feel like this is something that Tim Rogers will spend too many hours doing, too. I would love to see someone else put together some content showcasing and exploring the possibilities in depth. That way I don't need to worry about my rusty memory forgetting anything that might be super interesting. But I feel similar to Bubba, I think—I don't feel compelled to do it myself because of just how many times I've burned those screens onto my retinas in the past.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Just downloaded, played and beat the demo. Officially hyped.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

Now that I own a physical copy of the remake I think I might replay the original up to the end of Midgar just to compare the two.

Blog Entries

Apparently Australia is already playing the remake? Wtf man.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

Blog Entries

The remake is out now if you ordered it by mail. So if that is your go-to on how you want to play go ahead. Just a reminder that you will only be playing up until the end of midgar.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by jenovajunkie View Post
    Apparently Australia is already playing the remake? Wtf man.
    Yeah, everybody here is just trying to sell as much stuff as possible before we're forced into full shutdown. Square Enix, at least, has approved this early release; most of the other titles that EB Games is breaking street date for (by over a week, in some cases apparently) are just legit them going "smurf it".

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.