Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default Inside the FFVII Remake

SE have released part one of a video series with the developers of the remake discussing the process of making it.

Obvs "spoilers" warning, there's a A LOT of new footage in here.

(Also LEL at everyone being nicely poised and lit during their interviews, and then Nomura's like "nah m8, have me side on, at an angle, in the dark")

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm so torn. I really want to watch this because I want to consume every little new snippet of info about this game because I'm super hyped for it, but I also kind of feel like they're showing way too much of the game pre-release and I'd like some of this to still be a surprise when I play the actual game.

I did hear about a little bit of what is shown in it though and I'm very excited. The news about there being a battle arena made me extremely happy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was honestly a bit disappointed in this since I feel they didn’t really say anything that hasn’t been said already, so it was kinda redundant. The new footage was cool and yes, Nomura’s Noctis pose was iconic

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Neat video, but nothing new information wise except a brief glimpse of all the new NPC characters within Midgar. I find it amusing how bored Nomura looks throughout the video, as though he really didn't want to be there or perhaps he's just tired of talking about it. I think the coolest part of the video is when they start talking about the music and they play the original version of Flowers Blooming in the Church only to have it seamlessly change to the new arrangement for the Remake.

I also find it funny that Kitase mentions they had started the idea of the project back in 2012, despite Nomura mentioning in interviews that the Remake was what he wanted to be the final project for the Compilation all the way back in 2008.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Part 2 is out:

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphrase of Yoshinori Kitase
    The game came out 23 years ago, and I'm afraid to say I forgot a lot of things.
    *looks at Compialtion*

You don't say?

Jokes aside, its nice to see the team is excited for the game. Maybe I was right about Nomura not being interested since he was absent for this video. I am a little scared of the prospect of Toriyama trying to "remember the feelings he had" when making it rather than replaying it. Course I feel that if this game was going to go off rails, it will likely be in Episode 2, since I feel it's going to offer the most challenges in trying to recreate the original into modern tech.