Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eyes on Final Fantasy 2020 Census Results

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    Surprised only 1 FFV track in this, it has the best OST! But you all made it up by voting Galuf in the list I'd have voted if i was around to know aboot it
    Hey there were two tracks from FFV on this list. I nominated Dear Friends

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    Surprised only 1 FFV track in this, it has the best OST! But you all made it up by voting Galuf in the list I'd have voted if i was around to know aboot it
    Hey there were two tracks from FFV on this list. I nominated Dear Friends

Oh yeah Clash was there too. I'd have voted the 3rd world theme Decisive battle and Neo exdeath i love those lol! Also
    Dear friends is good too. Snes had awesome ending themes for all 3 games.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

THIS IS A TRAVESTY.

CRAZY CHOCOBO DESERVED BETTER

The rankings are pretty good for the most part, but I'm a bit disappointed with Laguna's performance, because he"s my all time favorite FF character.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally, let's get the big one out of the way. Last question:

EoFF's Favorite Final Fantasy game

Honorable mentions:

Neither Final Fantasy II or III got a nom sadly, but that doesn't mean we can't give the only two numbered entries not to make this list some love.I guess there are all the other spin-offs and sequels, but smurf them.
    panel_35_by_henlp-d92b8ld.jpg__white_mage_black_mage_red_mage_onion_knight_cloud_of_darkness_and_5_more_final_fantasy_and_1_m.jpg

Runner Ups (1 Vote)

2010-11-03.jpg
    Final Fantasy
    I'm really happy that at least the original got some love. The first game that started it all may have a few wrinkles by this time, but its still fairly solid over 30 years later.

__HOPE~1.JPG
    Final Fantasy XIII
    I'm only half surprised this got a nom. Not my favorite, but I'll chock this up to Motomu Toriyama being a secret member of our forum.

tumblr_on6s7cnFWA1qdp578o2_1280.gif
    Final Fantasy XV
    Another one I'm sure some of you are surprised got a nom, but I personally feel like XV is going to be one of those entries that people are going to come around to eventually.

__paine_rikku_and_yuna_final_fantasy_x_2_and_etc_drawn_by_shouta_shbz__sample-eddcfd7fdee4001d58.jpg
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Whoops, almost forgot this one. It may be a game I can't play without wincing, but for some people this game is the pinnacle of gameplay within the series and was awesome for its girl power themes and for being genuinely fun.

__MARC~2.JPG
    Tactics Advance
    I'm really happy to see this game give a nom. A very underrated entry within the franchise. I wish SE would pay a bit more attention to the Ivalice titles again.

Eighth Place (2 Votes)

__elvaan_galka_hume_mithra_paladin_and_others_final_fantasy_and_final_fantasy_xi_drawn_by_mikazu.jpg
    Final Fantasy XI
    While my own history with XI was short lived, I'm happy this game gave so many people joy in their lives and likely helped them find our forum. Still bummed I never unlocked the BLU class.

__chemist_delita_heiral_ramza_beoulve_and_white_mage_final_fantasy_tactics_and_etc_drawn_by_mos_.jpg
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    The most well loved spin-off from Final Fantasy. Though I wish it had done better, I'm happy it at least made it to the event. One of the better written Final Fantasy titles if you ask me.

Seventh Place (3 Votes)
    __paladin_warrior_bard_monk_adventurer_and_etc_final_fantasy_xiv_and_etc_drawn_by_narrator_nobod.jpg
    Final Fantasy XIV

The only numbered entry I've never played. I feel this entry has been doing a lot to generate goodwill between SE and FF Fans. Now if I could just get my one FF friend to shut up about Shaodwbringers for five minutes...

Sixth Place (4 Votes)

__butz_klauser_faris_scherwiz_krile_mayer_baldesion_and_lenna_charlotte_tycoon_final_fantasy_v_a.jpg
    Final Fantasy V
    The underdog of the 16 bit main entries. I am happy to see this game got some love this competition. Maybe if we're all lucky, Kitase may get his wish and see this game get a remake next. Reminds me that I should get back to that Let's Play...

__carbuncle_bahamut_rinoa_heartilly_selphie_tilmitt_squall_leonhart_and_etc_final_fantasy_viii_a.jpg
    Final Fantasy VIII

One of the black sheeps of the franchise, I was really impressed with how it did overall in this census. Glad to see it finally get a bit more love. Fun fact, this is the entry I'm actually the most excited to get to in my retrospective series. Uncovered a bunch of info about this game I hope to share in the future.

Fifth Place (6 Votes)

__cain_highwind_cecil_harvey_edward_geraldine_rosa_farrell_and_rydia_final_fantasy_and_final_fan.jpg
    Final Fantasy IV
    Most people on this forum know I love Final Fantasy IV, so I was really happy to see it get this far. I always feel like IV is one of those entries fans like, but not necessarily love. So getting as many votes as it did make me happy. While IV didn't do as well as I had hoped for the census, I'm still glad it gets love.

__FEF4~1.JPG
    Final Fantasy XII
    Well this is a serious turnaround. Ten years ago, I don't think this game would have ranked as high on this forum. So I'm happy to see its starting to see some vindication. I personally consider the last truly great Final Fantasy game, and maybe the love its getting in this census will inspire some people to check out the Zodiac Ages. No? Well it was worth a shot.

Fourth Place (7 Votes)
    __aerith_gainsborough_barret_wallace_cait_sith_chocobo_cid_highwind_and_others_final_fantasy_and.jpg
    Final Fantasy VII
    I feel this was the biggest upset of the census. I really was expecting VII to sweep most categories in one way or another. Still, it did an admirable job, and I'm sure if I do this again next year after the Remake comes out, perhaps VII will dominate like I imagined. Here's hoping the Remake may send some poor lost souls to the forums to tell us again why this is considered to be the best entry in the franchise.

Third Place (9 Votes)
    __yuna_and_tidus_final_fantasy_and_1_more_drawn_by_sasanomesi__sample-549aa302b6b3e8f4d365984394.jpg
    Final Fantasy X
    Though hardly my favorite, it was treat to see this entry climb back up again. X]s popularity on this forum always seems to ebb and flow like the sea within the game. So its always interesting to see if someone is going to come into a thread singing its praises or if its just me and Fynn badmouthing it.

Second Place (10 Votes)
    __black_mage_garnet_til_alexandros_xvii_vivi_ornitier_and_zidane_tribal_final_fantasy_and_final_.jpg
    Final Fantasy IX
    This was the other major upset in this census. I was sure IX was going to win this, and for a while there it was neck and neck with number one and FFX. IX is one of those entries I scold myself about cause I really should play it more often. Since I'll have more free time after this post, maybe I should start a new playthrough...

First Place (13 Votes)
    __celes_chere_edgar_roni_figaro_lock_cole_mash_rene_figaro_relm_arrowny_and_others_final_fantasy.jpg
    Final fantasy VI
    Not goign to hear any complaints from me concerning VI's ranking, its my personal favorite and it seems like most of the active forum are pretty chill with it as well even if it may not be their personal favorite. Which is the big thing to take away from this census in general is that even if your favorite isn't shared with everyone here, at least the census allows it a chance to be recognized and shared with the rest of us.

*****************************************************************************
    Census is done/ I'd like to thank everyone who participated, I can't do this without you. Literally. now I'm going to do something more constructive with my time, and play Final Fantasy Type-0 some more.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Thank you very much for hosting this WK, it was great having something like this once more~

Actually started having a talk about FFX just yesterday, but the conversation and discussion around the game seems to be feeling like a chore to peeps at this point. Maybe I'll make a couple blog posts or something at some point though.

Glad to see my own favorite entry that high up of course =P although looking back over my votes, I did vote for FFX-2 as well and it got omitted from the runners up? Ah well, not about to make a drama about it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Thank you very much for hosting this WK, it was great having something like this once more~

Actually started having a talk about FFX just yesterday, but the conversation and discussion around the game seems to be feeling like a chore to peeps at this point. Maybe I'll make a couple blog posts or something at some point though.

Glad to see my own favorite entry that high up of course =P although looking back over my votes, I did vote for FFX-2 as well and it got omitted from the runners up? Ah well, not about to make a drama about it.
    Ain't a chore to me, i love talking about FF and yesterday was no different. Also WK just hates X-2 more than even XIII

No surprise there, but I consider FFVI to be easily the most overrated FF.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Great to see VI so high and yes, it’s super satisfying to see FFXII quite so vindicated. Great job once again, Wolf!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yay for VI! IX almost made it. so close my friendos

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Yay for VI! IX almost made it. so close my friendos
    The guy behind Freya in your signature is me whenever anything IX loses anything.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was great to have the census back again, WK. Awesome job