Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social Distancing: Binge Watching Edition

Blog Entries

Apropos, the command in Terminal (MacOSX)bash. In Learning Python the Hard Way, the command apropos means too find what man page is appropriate, or I googled to find a better worded definition and it said what I asked you.

It was a geeky stupid joke. Lol it's funny to me, because Freya said that I don't seem to understand what's appropriate to post on this site or not, so I guess if I were a computer trying to figure out whether a post is appropriate or not, I would be apropos. If the computers only output was funny memes.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

Oh. Okay, well I didn't get because I'm not a programmer, outside of some amateurish C++ I did when I was doing physics research. Enough to know what a man page is, but not much else. I was just using "apropos" as the word.

Blog Entries

Well, the word works as well.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire