Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social Distancing: Binge Watching Edition

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Social Distancing: Binge Watching Edition

In this lovely pandemic world we're in atm, we are told to socially distance and self-isolate! Well, that gets boring so I know some of you are burning through some shows.

What are you watching to get through this time?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm mostly gaming, but I have been re-watching a lot of Mel Brooks films.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Binged Beastars and it was pretty phenomenal. Now watching Black Mirror. First episode was absolutely abysmal, but the show got much better onwards, thank Christ.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The first episode of Black Mirror is only iconic because of the weird real life parallels that came up not too long after it aired. British politics has never recovered.

Anyway I'm watching Star Trek. I was expecting this to last a few months but at this rate...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I've binge The Circle, Love is Blind, and am working on Dynasty and Altered Carbon.

Most of them are stupid drama shows. I like watching them mindlessly because I can zone out. It's nicer in the corona fun times

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Kung Fu: The Legend Continues
    I like Kung-Fu.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

*snip* Enough, from everyone- Shauna

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I don't watch TV but do Youtube series count? I recently binge'd on unsolved and solved murders and other mysterious internet stuff from youtubers like Nexpo and Lazy masquerade. Now I am binge watching this FFX youtuber called Dansg08, his FFX playthrough was informative!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    In this lovely pandemic world we're in atm, we are told to socially distance and self-isolate! Well, that gets boring so I know some of you are burning through some shows.

What are you watching to get through this time?
    Finally, someone who can appreciate the "zoning out" aspect of watching some shows.
    Although I like the shows like "Black Mirror" that can open you mind or explain phenomena, like what if you could make your dead partner back to life?

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    The first episode of Black Mirror is only iconic because of the weird real life parallels that came up not too long after it aired. British politics has never recovered.

Anyway I'm watching Star Trek. I was expecting this to last a few months but at this rate...
    Which Star Trek, I'm thinking of re-watching TNG, but currently I am watching Picard.

*snip* stop encouraging this - Freya
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Both JJ and DMKA have already been warned about this Racism thing. Stop.

I've found a playlist of crap films on YouTube, so that's me covered for the foreseeable future. I'm re-watching Bad Taste right now though, cracking film. I need to get drunk and do the original Peter Jackson trilogy in order- Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles and Braindead.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Homeland.

Saw the final season has just started airing and noticed the first seven seasons were on Netflix. Currently on season 5 so will hopefully be all caught up in time for the final episode. I think the quality has dropped since (SPOILER)Brody's death at the end of season 3. They have a habit of not continuing people's storylines and jumping a few years in between seasons. I want to know what happened to roughly 7-8 characters but they just seem to ignore them. Unless they have a big reunion in the last episode or something. Finish people's storylines, show!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Homeland.

Saw the final season has just started airing and noticed the first seven seasons were on Netflix. Currently on season 5 so will hopefully be all caught up in time for the final episode. I think the quality has dropped since (SPOILER)Brody's death at the end of season 3. They have a habit of not continuing people's storylines and jumping a few years in between seasons. I want to know what happened to roughly 7-8 characters but they just seem to ignore them. Unless they have a big reunion in the last episode or something. Finish people's storylines, show!
    I actually was thinking of doing this and the same for West World. But, meh, there are a lot of movies on Journalism that I want to get under my belt. I also started to learn python, so that's new in itself, as well as learning bash and Terminal a bit better. I barely know how to use Terminal (MacOSX), and python is a must, if I want to move on to R.

I want to get back to French, the French culture is something I want to explore as well. Being in Canada, I've developed an affinity for Quebecois girls.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’

I'm binge watching Monk because it feels so apropos

Blog Entries

You don't know what command is appropriate? Lol.