Thread: What is your least favorite Job Class in the series?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Relm What is your least favorite Job Class in the series?

What it says on the tin, of all the job classes you've played around with, which one just wasn't your jam?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’m not actually the biggest fan of the red mage in any of its incarnations

I'm personally not fond of the Blue Mage. I know it can be really useful sometimes, but it's just not my type.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I’m not actually the biggest fan of the red mage in any of its incarnations
    I love it in FFXIV. Very zippy, and I get to wear cool caster glam. It's also very simple, which a lot of people find boring, but it's very useful for BLM mains like me who want big BLM numbers but learn fights slow. I can still learn a fight from a caster perspective then switch to BLM when I'm ready to be a turret.

But yeah in every other ff and in bravely default especially it kind of sucks.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Theres a few i don't like. Blue mage in most cases i don't like, only in FF IX is this untrue. Beastmaster isn't my type either, nor is chemist ( though my recent Penance adventure in X has taught me Rikku is a great chemist). Bard and Dancer aside from being 2 musical type things i dislike (Singing and dancing) i am not really a fan of how they play either. In XIV they are ok but for the purposes of this i will exclude XIV because it pretty much every job in that game is no really like how it is in every other game (except Blue mage which is worse in that game than any other lol.)
    I think i will have to choose beastmaster since theres never been a time i can remember liking this job, and also Daigoro in X-2 can get stuck behind party members,wasting Yuna's time!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To answer my own question, either Hunter/Archers or Beastmaster. Hunters are just a class I don't feel have transitioned well within the series proper though they do fair a bit better in the Tactics series, but even then I feel they are one-note (FFT) or they were diluted into too many classes that can't really stand on their own (FFTA). I've also just never been terribly fond of archery.

Beastmasters are a pickle for me cause frankly I do find them useful, but I feel like their only real use outside of a few very specific scenarios is to simply make acquiring all those useful Blue Mage skills easier on the player and once that's done, you never have to use them again. So they never feel like a class that is useful on their own.

Mime. Not as a strategy. I just find the class the most offensive and least imaginative from an aesthetic standpoint.

Blog Entries

I don't like the white mage and Alchemist !

Dragoon/Ninja/Warrior are my favorites jobs!

SOLDIER (lol), I don't know. Mercenary..?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.