Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 7-9 Trivia

That was my first guess, but I couldn't see any point where there's a greeny magic thing.

I considered both those guesses as possibilities but ultimately decided it could be almost anything so I'll wait until there's more to go on.

1. What character has a symbol on their clothes that is said to originate during the Crusades when knights would stick a small cross in the earth as they did their devotionals?
    JJ Strife got it with Seifer and his Cross of St James.

2. In Japanese titles, my literal English translation is "phantom light bug". What am I?
    Lord Golbez got it with pyreflies.

4. What transportation vehicle's name shares its name with something on the Beaufort Scale?
    Lord Golbez got it with Highwind.

5. The first words you hear this FF character speak in the present - rather than a flashback - is "Minions of evil".
    Lord Golbez got it with Fratley.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 41
    Lord Golbez - 26
    JJ Strife - 24
    Karifean - 23
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. What location can be translated into another language to literally mean "fog home"?

2. What do the following words have uniquely in common: "Swift", "Star", "Space", and "Comet"?

3. The CGI scene captured here is when the party enters what location?
    ff.JPG

4. What recurring enemy that appears in FF6, FF9, and FF12 shares its name with a type of open pie dessert?

5. Pumpkin bombs are one of the delicacies at what locale?

3. Still can't tell. Memoria?

4. Flan?

5. Conde Petie
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 05-25-2020 at 07:59 AM.

1. Nibelheim (apparently Nifl means the same thing as Nibel, so it could also be Niflheim from FFXV)

4. Flan
    Last edited by JJ Strife; 05-25-2020 at 05:04 AM.

Oi, someone's cheating. Golbez's post didn't say Nibelheim originally. I got that first.

I can't remember. I might have edited it in after answering some other questions first. I didn't see your answer though or I wouldn't have put it in. I'll take it out. I know I had Flan in there at the start because that's the first one I thought of an answer for so I'm not taking that out. This forum isn't usually so active that someone posts a minute after someone else so I wasn't expecting that there would be an issue.

However, since no one answered 5 correctly and I just happened to play this part of the game, I'm changing my answer for that one so it all balances. ;p
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 05-25-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Yeah you got Flan before me, but I didn't notice because I posted like a minute after, so your comment wasn't up when I was writing it.

You didn't get Nibelheim at the start though. I got that first.

I actually prefer no editing posts. That can be the rule from now on. So no more changing answers, but feel free to add a new post with a response to a question you hadn't previously answered.

1. What location can be translated into another language to literally mean "fog home"?
    JJ Strife got it with Nibelheim. Didn't play FFXV so I know nothing about it.

4. What recurring enemy that appears in FF6, FF9, and FF12 shares its name with a type of open pie dessert?
    Lord Golbez got it with Flan.

5. Pumpkin bombs are one of the delicacies at what locale?
    Lord Golbez got it with Conde Petie.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 41
    Lord Golbez - 28
    JJ Strife - 25
    Karifean - 23
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. If you've eavesdropped on someone saying that you have to "turn them all on", where are you?

2. What do the following words have uniquely in common: "Swift", "Star", "Space", "Comet", "Chaotic", and "Toxic"?

3. The CGI scene captured here is when the party enters what location? (different screenshot, same CGI scene)
    ff.JPG

4. What recurring monster's name originates from a mythological huge bird that can breathe fire and water?

5. The early concept art of what is shown here?
    ff sisterray.JPG

1. Desert Palace FF9

2. They're the first word of Lulu weapons in FF10. Knew I'd get this eventually!

4. Zu

5. Tiny Bronco.

I'll only edit things if no-one else has posted after me!
    Last edited by JJ Strife; 05-29-2020 at 03:31 AM.

3. Northern Crater?

5. Sister Ray (JJ Strife is probably right but I'll go for the low hanging fruit).

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You're safe to double post in here without consequence. Mods won't care.

Yeah but I don't wanna quadruple-post, which I sometimes would if it takes me a while to get the answer.

I'm doing quintuple posts for every set from now on!

Ha, not if I already get 4 out of 5 before you've posted!