Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 7-9 Trivia

Maybe I'll guess the next set of questions instead.

JJ Strife +4

The last question that keeps repeating is the CGI scene when the party enters Terra / Shimmering Island.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 41
    JJ Strife - 29
    Lord Golbez - 28
    Karifean - 23
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. In my FF game, I teach the main character what my weapon is. I wield the same default weapon and share the same last name with a Final Fantasy character that is released 8+ years later. Who am I?

2. Who is mentioned as having sacrificed himself 20 years ago (in the game) by cutting something?

3. You're in a non-optional battle. The enemy eventually reduces your HP to 1. You're then immediately healed. What is the title of the music being played?

4. The concept art for what is shown below?
    ff concept art.JPG

5. The same enemy under three different FF titles is shown. What enemy is it?
    ff 3.png

Articles
    Blog Entries

3 can only be one thing:

... or something like Decisive Battle, idk FFIV OST names unfortunately.

3. Prologue/ Final Fantasy main theme

Eh. Actually the details of that battle don't quite match the question for multiple reasons, but neither do any of the other similar battles I can recall.

1. The only thing that fits this pattern is Kain Highwind and Cid Highwind both having a lance. But those games are only 6 years apart?

2. Yamski. Mountain climber in FF7 who cut off his rope to save his friend, who lives in the hut before Gaea's Cliff

3. You're Not Alone. FF9.
    Last edited by JJ Strife; 06-01-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Yeah, and I'm not exactly sure what the first part of the question means, but I don't think Kain teaches Cecil anything about spears.

No new updated questions, but....

1) Strangely worded question yes, but Lord Golbez is right - this character teaches the main character who asks what weapon he uses. The future character has no stated relation at all, but he does wield the same unique (?) weapon and has the same last name.

2) JJ Strife got it with Yamski who saved Holzoff (sp?).

3) JJ Strife got it with "You're Not Alone" or "Not Alone" where Zidane gets hit with a Smash in Pandemonium but Dagger joins the battle and heals him.

4) This concept art is not of an enemy.

5) The middle picture might be the most useful (and it's also so strange right?). The others are from Final Fantasy titles I've never even played, if that helps (you can tell what few titles I've played...).

I don't know what FFs you've played, but I doubt it would help anyway. It just looks like some gems piled on a structure. Don't know what that would be....

5. Mimic

I doubt it.
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 06-02-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 41
    JJ Strife - 31
    Lord Golbez - 28
    Karifean - 23
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. In my FF game, I teach the main character what my weapon is, because it doesn't seem like he has ever seen one before. Later in the FF series (8+ years), there is another FF character who uses the same weapon as me and also happens to have the same last name as me. Who am I?

2. Stick a staff into a hole so you can buy stuff. Where are you?

3. Who can you pay 500 Gil to ask for a hint to a password that someone else is requiring of you?

4. The concept art for what non-enemy is shown below?
    ff concept art.JPG

5. The same enemy under three different FF titles is shown (see previous photo). More details in the second picture is shown. What enemy is it?
    ff4.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. What looks like wheels on the bottom make me think of a train, so I'll say Doomtrain, even though I believe Doomtrain in FF8 is based on a boss from FF6, so non-enemy would be a matter of perspective.

5 still looks more structural than like an enemy to me. No idea.

3. Mayor of Midgar's aide Hart.

Yeah Doomtrain is correct. I don't think Doomtrain is supposed to be the same character as the Phantom Train in FF6 though is it?

I've generally assumed that was implied.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Strife View Post
    Yeah Doomtrain is correct. I don't think Doomtrain is supposed to be the same character as the Phantom Train in FF6 though is it?
    Technically no. The Phantom Train's Japanese name is まれっしゃ, Ma Ressha which roughly translates to "Magic Train". Doomtrain's Japanese name is グラシャラボラス Gurasha Raborasu which is katakana for Glasya Labolas, which is name of one of the Duke's of Hell that takes the form of a dog with wings. What is amusing, is that he does share his name with another enemy from FFVI who is named after a recurring enemy/boss in the series. They are usually associated with Giants within the series and the VI incarnation is the palette swap for the Hill Gigas found on Mt. Zozo.

On the other hand, it's obvious Doomtrain is based off the Phantom Train seeing how both are undead trains whose signature attack is one that inflicts random status ailments on their opponents. So I think it's likely the devs just merged some stuff together.