Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 7-9 Trivia

I didn't remember hearing that there were only five high summoners and when I was considering each FF, I pretty much dismissed that as impossible, because weren't they doing the high summoning for like a 1000 years? Sounds like a plot hole to me. Especially because they act like they're doomed to all die after Yunalesca is killed. Doesn't seem likely if they went centuries without defeating Sin before. Okay, FFX is already pretty filled with holes, so I guess just add another to the list...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They only mention five of them by name in Bevelle. I had a feeling after my first dumb answer that it was either one of the Cid's from IX, or one of the high summoners from FFX.

There's definitely more than five Cids in FFIX though. Well, I don't know if they explicitly mention more than five of them (or even five), but they do number them and I believe the current Cid is Cid IX (obviously a reference to the Cids for each FF, even though there was no Cid in the first game).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    1. Gandof, one of the Five High Summoners, said to have sealed the Quatars in stone in the Thunder Plains.
    Highly original naming by Square Lol. Like with Midgar. Lets just change a single letter and that makes it a new name.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Strife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    1. Gandof, one of the Five High Summoners, said to have sealed the Quatars in stone in the Thunder Plains.
    Highly original naming by Square Lol. Like with Midgar. Lets just change a single letter and that makes it a new name.
    Well, that one's on Square's localization team mind you =P fun trivia, in the original JP and German versions, their name is "Cactuar?" which is like, wow, "even better". (Though the original JP versions are far from above this ofc, in FF7 there are also two versions of the Cactuar, one with the regular JP name of 'sabotenda' and another called 'sapotenda')

Also just in case, maybe #5 is actually Zell's Meteor Strike?

1. I am no longer alive, but I am revered and you may have seen a statue of me. I am often referred to be one of the five. I'm known to have sealed away a particular type of classic FF enemy into stone. Who am I?
    Wolf Kanno got it with Gandof.

2. During the scene captured here, what labeled action is executed with the "X" button?
    JJ Strife got it with Kick in the Squall versus Galbadian soldier aerial fight,

3. Evil Forest, Quan's Dwelling, and the Aerbs Mountains entrance are the only places in the game with what?
    JJ Strife got it with healing springs.

4. Before what boss does your character say "It's warm.... This isn't good...."?
    JJ Strife got it with Demon's Gate.

5. What limit break is shown here?
    JJ Strife got it with Massive Anchor.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 45
    JJ Strife - 37
    Lord Golbez - 31
    Karifean - 26
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. What optional boss shares its name with a real 1960's project aimed to find alien life in faraway planets?

2. Where specifically can you find "Wind bless you" engraved in a different language?

3. What enemy has a "head" to the left of its head and another "head" to the right, but neither are actual heads though they have function when performing certain attacks?

4. You witness my death. I appear in a single battle that takes place during the night. You only have one party member during the battle. Who am I?

5. FF9 - Who in the game tells one of the playable characters that they have a funny name?
    Last edited by FriendlyYan; 06-09-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

1. Ozma?

3. Yin-Yang?

5. The Moogle in the Chocobo Forest?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

3. I want to say Chimera

4. Anna in FFIV with the Edward fight.

5. I want to say Puck.

3. Tri-face from FF8.

1. What optional boss shares its name with a real 1960's project aimed to find alien life in faraway planets?
    Karifean got it with Ozma.

3. What enemy has a "head" to the left of its head and another "head" to the right, but neither are actual heads though they have function when performing certain attacks?
    Lord Golbez got it with Tri-face.

4. You witness my death. I appear in a single battle that takes place during the night. You only have one party member during the battle. Who am I?
    Wolf Kanno got it with Anna.

5. FF9 - Who in the game tells one of the playable characters that they have a funny name?

Wolf Kanno got it with Puck.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 47
    JJ Strife - 37
    Lord Golbez - 32
    Karifean - 27
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. I am an enemy that appears in nearly every Final Fantasy title. I usually go by the same name throughout FF, but occasionally have a variant name. I always have a sword, except in FFIV's re-release where I have a flamethrower instead. Who am I?

2. On what specifically can you find "Wind bless you" engraved in a different language?

3. What is the name of the attack being performed here? (not what is selected in the menu by the character, the name of the attack)
    IMG_1262.JPG

4. The original concept art for what recurring item is shown here?
    IMG_1264.JPG

5. FFX - what are Auron's last five words before being sent?

1. Iron Giant?

2. Did you just make this question harder after no one got it the first time?

3. Terra Homing

4. Maiden's Kiss

5. This is your world now
    Last edited by JJ Strife; 06-10-2020 at 03:07 PM.

1. I am an enemy that appears in nearly every Final Fantasy title. I usually go by the same name throughout FF, but occasionally have a variant name. I always have a sword, except in FFIV's re-release where I have a flamethrower instead. Who am I?
    Lord Golbez got it with Iron Giant.

2. On what specifically can you find "Wind bless you" engraved in a different language?
    Didn't make it harder or anything, just changed the preposition.

3. What is the name of the attack being performed here? (not what is selected in the menu by the character, the name of the attack)
    JJ Strife got it with Terra Homing.

4. The original concept art for what recurring item is shown here?
    JJ Strife got it with Maiden's Kiss.

5. FFX - what are Auron's last five words before being sent?
    JJ Strife got it with "This is your world now"

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 47
    JJ Strife - 40
    Lord Golbez - 33
    Karifean - 27
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. I wrote a note to my brother regarding two weapons. Not every player will get to see this note. Who am I?

3. There's one in the following places: the Feymarch, Figaro Castle, Shinra HQ, Balamb Garden, Alexandria, Daguerreo. There's only a couple more not named in the list. What am I?

4. Arrange the events A through F in chronological order.
    A. Edea creates White SeeD.
    B. Fisherman's Horizon is founded.
    C. Ellone is born.
    D. Julia dies.
    E. Ward begins working in D-District Prison.
    F. Laguna is rescued from the Shumi Tribe.

5. I am a recurring attack. In FF4, I can only be used by a boss. In FF9, I can only used by an enemy on Terra. Instead of an enemy, you yourself are able to execute the attack in FF10. What attack is it?

6. Poll question - vote if you want (1) Chrono Cross trivia, (2) Kingdom Hearts trivia, (3) both CC and KH trivia, (4) neither CC or KH trivia
    Last edited by FriendlyYan; 06-11-2020 at 06:05 PM.

You may need to fix your numbering there. You've got 2 4s

1. Chappu?

3. A Library?

5. Delta Attack

6. Neither because I don't know either well.
    Last edited by JJ Strife; 06-11-2020 at 03:03 PM.

4. B, C, E, A, D, F?

A lot that is guesses because certain events I know definitely occur before others but for things like FH I don't really know when with respect to other events. Julia's death I know has to take place after Ward at D-district (Kiros talks about that while Julia is alive plus Zell goes into Ward at the prison during this same time travel event) and Ellone's birth (Ellone is alive during the aforementioned incident) but I have no idea with respect to other events. I just kind of assume it happened while Laguna was off in Esthar or on his way there. Mostly the one's that are hardest for me to pin down are Julia's death and Shumi tribe. Oh and FH. For all I know, that could be the last instead of the first. In fact, I suspect it's either last or first because otherwise it would most likely be too difficult to place chronologically. I know the founders of FH came from Esthar, but that isn't enough to pin it down.
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 06-11-2020 at 07:34 PM.