Fynn - 9
    Mo-Nercy - 8
    Raistlin - 4
    Galuf - 2.5
    qwertysaur - 2
    Judge Mandolore - 1
    krissy - 1

Questions

1. A "mini-game", where a character is telling you to utilize your center of gravity, has what character's theme music playing?

2. What is the name of the shopkeeper whose store you can hear a version of the noise a character from a previous title, FF6, makes?

3. The first lyric of what FF song are not real words but can be unscrambled to form four words. What song is this?

4. When you first meet him in the game, what character says, "What....is this place?" ?

5. I am a repeating boss/enemy in Final Fantasy (such as in FFVI and FFXII), and I even appear in the original FF. In FFIX, I appear as a boss under a slightly different name, but my appearance and attacks are similar to others in the series. Who am I?

1. Steiner.

3. Liberi Fatali (this was easy to figure out on account of how few actually have lyrics)

5. Lich/ Earth Guardian?
    Last edited by JJ Strife; 09-15-2020 at 12:10 PM.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

2) mr hangman

4) Vincent?

5) behemoth

Behemoth is definitely still called behemoth in FF9!

Articles
    Blog Entries

in my defense i guess on a lot of these questions to make FriendlyYan's job harder and to poke at my luck

ff9 is also the only one i played only once i only played it as an adult so my memories and time were less available for the experience. maybe one day i'll play it again...

3. JJ Strife is definitely right, but doesn't this question actually match multiple songs in FF8 that use those same lyrics? Including at least Succession of Witches and Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec. Of course in those cases, it's not just the "first lyrics" but also the only lyrics.

Is mr. hangman the guy in the Gold Saucer hotel?

Articles
    Blog Entries

yeah he drops down to sell you stuff in the item shop

5. I'm guessing Dullahan in case JJ Strife is wrong, though I not sure that's in the original.

1. A "mini-game", where a character is telling you to utilize your center of gravity, has what character's theme music playing?
    JJ Strife got it with Steiner.

2. What is the name of the shopkeeper whose store you can hear a version of the noise a character from a previous title, FF6, makes?
    krissy got it with Mr. Hangman where the pumpkin makes the sound of Kefka's laugh

3. The first lyric of what FF song are not real words but can be unscrambled to form four words. What song is this?
    JJ Strife got it with Liberi Fatali, but any of the other pieces would've worked as well.

5. I am a repeating boss/enemy in Final Fantasy (such as in FFVI and FFXII), and I even appear in the original FF. In FFIX, I appear as a boss under a slightly different name, but my appearance and attacks are similar to others in the series. Who am I?
    I almost accepted Lich as an answer. Yes, the boss appears as "Earth Guardian" (which isn't similar sounding), and then Lich appears as a normal enemy but as a stronger version of Earth Guardian. So, it's fuzzy on whether you can call Lich a boss in FFIX. Additionally, it uses Earth-elemental attacks which is almost never the type of attacks Lich uses in other series.

Leaderboard
    Lord Golbez - 79
    JJ Strife - 69
    Karifean - 57
    Wolf Kanno - 47
    Fynn - 9
    Mo-Nercy - 8
    Raistlin - 4
    Galuf - 2.5
    qwertysaur - 2
    krissy - 2
    Judge Mandolore - 1

Questions

1. After what boss fight is the first line of dialogue, "Damn! The submarine!"?

2. What attack/skill has a random effect on your party members - either heal them completely, put them at the brink of death, or do nothing?

3. Name three characters that talk in all caps in FFVIII.

4. When you first meet him in the game, what character says, "What....is this place?" ? Hint: The game is not FF7-10.

5. I am a repeating boss/enemy in Final Fantasy (such as in FFVI and in FFXII as an Elite Mark), and I even appear in the original FF. In FFIX, I appear as a boss under a slightly different name, but my appearance and attacks are similar to others in the series. Who am I?

Articles
    Blog Entries

1) carry armor

3) FUJIN, NORG, SACRED

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

5)Maralith?

Articles
    Blog Entries

4) cloud in fft: war of the lions??

Wasn't Cloud only in the original FFT?

Articles
    Blog Entries

huh, maybe... I didn't realize I could've gotten him in my old psx copy! that spiky headed jerk!

He's definitely in the original PSX. I just wasn't sure he was still on War of the Lions. I thought I heard he was replaced by Balthier in that. If he is in both, it's probably still only one of the two that could be correct, because War of the Lions has a significantly different script.