Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 7-9 Trivia

2. Quistis?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

3) Garnet, Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, Quina, freya, Amarant, Eiko ( I had forgottten about seeing amarant with the axe girl and also you can find quina in Alexandria castle at the start of the game)

3) Garnet, Vivi, Zidane, Steiner, Freya, Quina, Amarant, Eiko

I can't remember but I think it's possible Vivi might appear before Zidane at the intro.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. Slow, Instant Death, and Stop

2. Cid

3. Yep read this one wrong. Garnet, Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, Quina, Amarant, Freya, and Eiko

4. Maybe the Aires Stellazo Coin?

5. Milk

1) FF7 - The Ribbon accessory actually does not protect against what three status effects? (1 pt)
    Wolf Kanno got it with Slow, Death, and Stop.

2) FF8 - Who quotes, "In the end, it was my fault for giving up control"? (1 pt)
    Wolf Kanno got it with Cid.

3) FF9 - Starting from a new game, what is the order in which the eight playable characters appear on screen assuming you see them as early as possible? Count CGI scenes. (1 pt)
    Galuf got it Garnet, Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, Quina, Freya, Amarant, Eiko. The hard part was remembering you can find Quina in the Alexandria kitchen as Steiner. And whether Amarant's poster counted or not doesn't matter in the order. He's hired by Queen Brahne alongside Lani the bounty hunter before the group leaves for the Outer Continent.

5) FFT - What does Ramza order at the bar at Lesalia Castle? (1 pt)
    Fynn got it with milk.

Leaderboard
    Fynn - 9
    Lord Golbez - 4
    Wolf Kanno - 4
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1) FF7 - What are the names of the characters Cloud and his date perform as in the play at Gold Saucer? (1 pt)

2) FF8 - "Ward doesn't appear in an upcoming battle" describes the result if the player does what? (1 pt)

3) FF9 - What do Mythril Sword, Demon's Mail, Fairy Flute, Robe of Lords, and Light Robe have in common that separates them from nearly every other item? (1 pt)

4) FF9 - "Go outside the building after he opens the hatch door instead of going down" would describe how to obtain a very missable what? What is it called? (1 pt)

5) Before what FF boss battle do they say "Our plastic faces....our cheerful, smiling faces...hides the evil within!"? (1 pt)

Articles
    Blog Entries

1) The Hero Alfred and Princess Rosa

2) If the player gets the Centra Ruins bonus entry in Selphie's diary early enough. (Just need to visit the location IIRC)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

3) They are all the rarest steals from various bosses in the game. Mythril Sword (Beatrix), Demon Mail (Tantarian), Fairy Flute (Hillgigas), Light Robe (Kuja), Robe of Lords (Quale and Hades, though its actually a second tier steal from Ozma as well) all of the items have a ridiculously low steal rate in the game.

4. The Dali Mayor's key?

5. I'm guessing this is Zorn and Thorn before their big boss fight.

2) Reads an issue of Timber Maniacs.
    4) WK'S guess made me think of something. Is it one of the coffees? I won't try to guess the name. Fine I'll try. Kirman coffee? Is that even one of the coffee names? Does it even make sense? No idea but it popped into my head.
    5) Sounds like Calbrena, but they don't actually say that in any FFIV translation I remember. FFXIV?
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 04-03-2020 at 04:11 PM.

1) FF7 - What are the names of the characters Cloud and his date perform as in the play at Gold Saucer? (1 pt)
    Karifean got it.

2) FF8 - "Ward doesn't appear in an upcoming battle" describes the result if the player does what? (1 pt)
    Lord Golbez got it. The Timber Maniacs in Shumi Village.

3) FF9 - What do Mythril Sword, Demon's Mail, Fairy Flute, Robe of Lords, and Light Robe have in common that separates them from nearly every other item? (1 pt)
    Wolf Kanno got it. In terms of difficulty stealing, these items appear in the "fourth slot", a probability of around 1/256 I think. To be specific, these are all the ultra rare steal items before Disc 4.

4) FF9 - "Go outside the building after he opens the hatch door instead of going down" would describe how to obtain a very missable what? What is it called? (1 pt)
    Somewhat close, but it's not that particular side quest. The general vicinity is somewhat there though.

5) Before what FF boss battle do they say "Our plastic faces....our cheerful, smiling faces...hides the evil within!"? (1 pt)
    Lord Golbez got it with Calcabrina, the boss battle with the six creepy dolls.

Leaderboard
    Fynn - 9
    Lord Golbez - 6
    Wolf Kanno - 5
    Galuf - 2.5
    Karifean - 1

Questions

1) FF7 - What are the four enemies that can steal an item from you in battle? (1 pt)

2) FF8 - According to Quistis, what was Zell doing when he accidentally ended up in the women's restroom? (1 pt)

3) FF9 - "Besides Ragtimer encounters, you can always tell an encounter is a friendly monster because they appear solo and ask for either Ore or a specific gemstone" is an inaccurate statement. How so? (1 pt)

4) FF9 - FF9 - "Leave the tower after he opens the hatch door instead of going down" would describe how to obtain a very missable what? What is it called? (1 pt)

5) What FF character reads a note that freedom is near some hidden stairs next to the stove? (1 pt)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

3) The Gimme Cat is not necessarily a friendly encounter but works like the Friendly Monsters without the reward.

4) I'm guessing its a QTE then.

5. Celes Chere when leaving Solitary Island and reading the note from Cid.

Articles
    Blog Entries

1) Doing this offhand will be tough >.< I know there's the Magic Pot in the North Crater and at least two types of Thieves/Bandits in the Midgar Slums and surrounding area on the world map. I don't know the fourth though, unless it's a third type of thief in that area somehow.

Also, to add to 3), your very namesake the Friendly Yan also doesn't ask for a gemstone if you haven't done all other friendlies yet, it just runs away. The music is the more indicative thing.

2) Riding a T-board? (I don't remember this line at all but that's my best guess)

1) There's definitely a type of thief in Corel Prison if that helps ( I know I'm not getting this one).

2) Riding a T-board? (I don't remember this line at all but that's my best guess)

1) re-edited
    4) added hint

2) FF8 - According to Quistis, what was Zell doing when he accidentally ended up in the women's restroom? (1 pt)
    Lord Golbez got it. Zell was "riding his T-Board in the garden and made a sharp turn straight into the women's restroom".

3) FF9 - "Besides Ragtimer encounters, you can always tell an encounter is a friendly monster because they appear solo and ask for either Ore or a specific gemstone" is an inaccurate statement. How so? (1 pt)
    Wolf Kanno got it. Gimme Cat asks for a Diamond but doesn't come with the fairy music. I can't remember if it runs away or attacks if you give it a Diamond. It'll also begin attacking if you take too long. But Karifean also made a good point about my namesake.

5) What FF character reads a note that freedom is near some hidden stairs next to the stove? (1 pt)

Wolf Kanno got it with Celes.

Leaderboard
    Fynn - 9
    Lord Golbez - 7
    Wolf Kanno - 7
    Galuf - 2.5
    Karifean - 1

Questions (1 pt each unless otherwise stated)

1) FF7 - The four enemies that can steal an item from you in battle are Magic Pot, Bandit, Vice, and what?

2) FF8 - What do Bahamut, Fujin, and Tonberry King have in common from all other enemies?

3) FF9 - When Eiko says, "can't you just call him by his first name..?" , who is she referring to?

4) FF9 - FF9 - "Leave the tower after he opens the hatch door instead of going down" would describe how to obtain a very missable what? What is it called? Hint: you are not Zidane

5) What word that describes a specific group of fighters in a Final Fantasy translates to "Northern Sky"?