Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 7-9 Trivia

1) FF7 - What four weapons are you unable to sell?
    Wolf Kanno got it.

3) FF9 - When/where in the game do you hear Zidane's theme music?
    Wolf Kanno got it, or close enough. I believe it's on that cargo airship as Zidane takes over the wheel.

4) FFT - Who is Algus yelling at when he says, "Watch your language! Never talk to nobles like that!" after the Dorter Trade City story battle?
    Nope, the scene where Wiegraf kills Gustav is after Zeklaus Desert (Rat Cellar) battle. In Dorter Trade City, Ramza and co get information from a thief (well, a Knight sprite).

5) What am I? (more hints added each time)
    --In FF9, I can be stolen from a boss on Disc 4.
    --In FFT, I am obtained as battle spoils for a Chapter 1 story battle.
    --In FF11, equipping me raises evasion by 1 point.
    --I am not a weapon.
    Wolf Kanno got it.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 15
    Lord Golbez - 10
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5
    Karifean - 2

Questions (1 pt each unless otherwise stated)

1) FF7 - Where might you see names like MARGOT, TOM, FLOREN, and CLAIRE?

2) Random FF - where can I find these bio-luminescent plants?
    Capture.JPG

3) FF9 - "On Disc 4, you can talk to the kid in Dali's inn to rest and recover all your HP/MP and recover from any status effects." What's the false statement in the sentence?

4) FFT - Who is Algus yelling at when he says, "Watch your language! Never talk to nobles like that!" after the Dorter Trade City story battle?

5) What am I?
    --I am a strong weapon in FF6.
    --I am a weak weapon in FF7.
    --I can be bought in FF9 for less than 500 gil.

1. The character naming screen.
    2. Macalania something or other.....
    3. The kid?
    4. Does the guy he's yelling at even have a name or are we supposed to identify him by some other means?

Articles
    Blog Entries

1. Lol Lord Golbez' answer is perfect, but I think you mean the Chocobo Race prep screens.

2) I think that's Crisis Core, maybe the Nibelheim mountain caves?

1) FF7 - Where might you see names like MARGOT, TOM, FLOREN, and CLAIRE?
    Karifean got it, as these are actual characters.

I'm going to dismiss the question. The title of the character during the exchange is "Fencer of Death Corps". Fencer is also the name of the character that corners Mustadio at Zaland Fort City. Is it the same character? Don't know. Could it simply mean an actual "fencer" even though that job title didn't exist until later titles? Unlikely, but it can't be ruled out. The Zaland Fort City battle has the name of the Knight as Fencer.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 15
    Lord Golbez - 10
    Fynn - 9
    Karifean - 3
    Galuf - 2.5

1) FF7 - What enemy has an attack that nets you gil? Instead of giving the name of the enemy, you can name one of its attacks.

2) Random FF - where can I find these bio-luminescent plants and this waterfall?

sulyya springs.JPG

Capture.JPG

3) FF9 - "On Disc 4, you can go to the inn in Dali to rest and recover all your HP/MP and recover from any status effects." What's the false statement in the sentence?

4) FFT: War of the Lions - What minor character has two daughters that can be invited on your team in random battles? They both have character quotes that suggest she is his daughter.

5) What am I?
    --I appear in FF8.

3. You can't go to the inn in Dali in disc 4?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. I want to say it's Diamond attack from the Joker enemies near Gold Saucer.

2. Sulyya Springs?

3. I don't think its possible to remove some status effects like Virus without an item, so the part about healing all status effects is likely false.

5. Rising Sun

2) Random FF - where can I find these bio-luminescent plants and this waterfall?
    Wolf Kanno got it with Sulyyan Springs in FF13.

3) FF9 - "On Disc 4, you can go to the inn in Dali to rest and recover all your HP/MP and recover from any status effects." What's the false statement in the sentence?
    Wolf Kanno got it, as you can't recover from at least Virus status effect. I don't know about the others, but I know Virus can't be cured at an inn.

5) What am I?
    --I appear in FF8.
    Wolf kanno got it. Rising Sun will be close enough. It will work if you include 500 gil into the statement, which is the buying cost of Rising Sun. I was originally going for Pinwheel, which can be bought for 200 gil.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 18
    Lord Golbez - 10
    Fynn - 9
    Karifean - 3
    Galuf - 2.5

1) FF7 - What enemy has an attack that nets you gil? Instead of giving the name of the enemy, you can name one of its attacks.

2) Random FF - where am I?
    ff.JPG

3) FF9 - What is the only allocate-able ability that effectively nulls the Virus status effect?

4) FFT: War of the Lions - What minor character has two daughters that can be invited on your team in random battles? They both have character quotes that suggest she is his daughter. Hint: the name of an attack is derived from this character's name

5) What am I?
    --I look different depending on the Final Fantasy.
    --My name appears in FF12, but I am not alive.
    --If you look me up in the dictionary, one definition is that I am a type of skin infection.

2. Looks like the City of the Ancients. Specifically the room in which.... Spoilers!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Times like these I wish I played these games in English.

1) there's this one enemy who has an attack called mountain of gold or gold rain which rains gold coins and increases its own gil reward, effectively giving you money. It's a squirrel in a little burrow thing that also chucks rocks and has an attack like hot shower. they look just like the Mus you learn L4 Suicide from.

3) Maduin's Ribbon teaches Eiko an ability that's like Mog's Blessing or something that removes most persistent status effects after battle, including Virus, negating its de facto effect.

Karifean got it. The attack is Gold Mountain and the Trickplay enemy does use L4 Suicide.

2) Random FF - where am I?
    Lord Golbez got it with City of Ancients.

3) FF9 - What is the only allocate-able ability that effectively nulls the Virus status effect?
    Karifean got it. In English, it's called Guardian Mog.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 18
    Lord Golbez - 11
    Fynn - 9
    Karifean - 5
    Galuf - 2.5

1) FF7 - There are three limit breaks that critical hit all the time. One is Cloud's Omnislash. What are the other two?

2) Random FF - the following picture is taken from a CGI scene. What is shown in the last shot (last seconds) of the full CGI scene?
    Capture.JPG

3) FF9 - "The two of them saw each other, fought, and both fell into the ocean" uniquely describes what in FF9?

4) FFT: War of the Lions - What minor "instructive" character has two daughters that can be invited on your team in random battles? They both have character quotes that suggest they are his daughters. Hint: the name of an attack is derived from this character's name

5) What am I?
    --I look different depending on the Final Fantasy.
    --If you look me up in the dictionary, one definition is that I am a type of skin infection.
    --The earliest you can see me in FF9 is Disc 2.

Articles
    Blog Entries

1) Yuffie's Gauntlet and Barret's Satellite Beam

2) A Blitzball

1) FF7 - There are three limit breaks that critical hit all the time. One is Cloud's Omnislash. What are the other two?
    Karifean got it.

2) Random FF - the following picture is taken from a CGI scene. What is shown in the last shot (last seconds) of the full CGI scene?
    Karifean got it. Sin's attack on Kilika.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 18
    Lord Golbez - 11
    Fynn - 9
    Karifean - 7
    Galuf - 2.5

1) FF7 - What NPC quotes, "I'll give you something SPECIAL!"?

2) Random FF - what boss says his ally kept biting on his head because he was hungry the other day?

3) FF9 - "The two of them were expecting someone else, saw each other instead, fought, and both fell into the ocean" uniquely describes what "story" in FF9?

4) FFT: War of the Lions - What minor character is a professor with two daughters that can be invited on your team in random battles? They both have character quotes that suggest they are his daughters. Hint: the name of a status attack is derived from this character's name

5) What am I?
    --I look slightly different depending on the Final Fantasy.
    --The earliest you can see me in FF9 is Disc 2, and I can make someone disappear.
    --I appear in FF5, FF6, and FF8.
    Last edited by FriendlyYan; 04-15-2020 at 05:55 AM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. The girl at the counter in the Battle Arena.

3. I'm going to say it's the story told by the Stellazio Coins

4. Master Darlavon

5. Carbuncle

3) FF9 - "The two of them were expecting someone else, saw each other instead, fought, and both fell into the ocean" uniquely describes what "story" in FF9?
    Wolf Kanno got it with the stellazio poem.

4) FFT: War of the Lions - What minor character is a professor with two daughters that can be invited on your team in random battles? They both have character quotes that suggest they are his daughters. Hint: the name of a status attack is derived from this character's name
    Wolf Kanno got it with Daravon/Darlavon.

5) What am I?
    --I look slightly different depending on the Final Fantasy.
    --The earliest you can see me in FF9 is Disc 2, and I can make someone disappear.
    --I appear in FF5, FF6, and FF8.
    Wolf Kanno got it with Carbuncle.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 21
    Lord Golbez - 11
    Fynn - 9
    Karifean - 7
    Galuf - 2.5

1) FF7 - What NPC named character quotes, "I'll give you something SPECIAL!"?

2) Random FF - what boss says his ally kept biting on his head because he was hungry the other day?

3) FF9 - Which two ultimate/final weapons can be obtained earliest in the game?

4) FFT - Who are the two youngest named characters that we see die in the game?

5) What am I?
    --It's possible to see me in the Battle Square in FF7.
    --I drop an item that can teach Quistis a blue magic in FF8.
    --I can attack with Absorb in FF9.
    Last edited by FriendlyYan; 04-16-2020 at 05:44 AM.

1. Jessie?

2. Gilgamesh?

4. Teta and Malak?