Thread: Final Fantasy 7-9 Trivia

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

2. Cloud and Yuffie
    5. Permanently raise Ramza's bravery

1. "That is all that is there. I need it not" is the reason why one character doesn't join your party for something. Another character also decides not to join. Who are the two characters and where have they declined to go?
    Karifean got it with Auron and Rikku at the Farplane. I was hoping this was going to be a tough question.

2. She wears a pauldron on her left shoulder and he wears a pauldron on his left shoulder. Who is this duo?
    Lord Golbez got it as Fujin and Raijin are most closely tied to being a duo.

4. Where am I?
    Karifean got it with Rocket Town.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 33
    Lord Golbez - 18
    Karifean - 15
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. Kain, Golbez, Sephiroth, and Freya are among a very small group of Final Fantasy characters with what in common?

2. Who am I?
    ---I've been around for 2 years.
    ---I am female.
    ---I can do damage during a battle.
    ---I might net you a variety of different items, such as Elixir, Tent, and stones.

3. In FF9, what is uniquely similar about Kupo Nut, Power Belt, Chimera Armlet, Black Belt, Silk Robe, and Magician Shoes? (I think that's all of them)

4. What are you doing when you see lines like "No one else can do it", "I'm the best!" and "You're out of your league"?

5. FFT - The two story battles with the following dialogue are the only ones in the game that what?
    Story battle 1: "Go on, do it" and "The Hokuten will never be threatened by you!"
    Story battle 2: "Next time put a sign outside that says "Thieves' Fort" and "Something's weird going on here..."

4. Trying to do a Jecht shot.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. They are left handed

2. Angelo the dog

3. They can't be synthesized until Disc 2?

1. Kain, Golbez, Sephiroth, and Freya are among a very small group of Final Fantasy characters with what in common?
    Wolf Kanno got it with left-handedness. Palom is another. Celes is arguably left-handed.

2. Who am I?
    ---I've been around for 2 years.
    ---I am female.
    ---I can do damage during a battle.
    ---I might net you a variety of different items, such as Elixir, Tent, and stones.
    Wolf Kanno got it with Angelo.

4. What are you doing when you see lines like "No one else can do it", "I'm the best!" and "You're out of your league"?
    Lord Golbez got it with Jecht Shot.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 35
    Lord Golbez - 19
    Karifean - 15
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. For two different Final Fantasy's (must get both correct):
    Where are you if you're answering that owls still live in the forest?
    Where are you going if you're looking so deep in the forest that even owls don't live there?

2. What am I?
    --I appear throughout the FF series, starting with FF5.
    --In FF9, you can encounter me in the same place you can encounter Veteran.
    --In FF10, you can encounter me in the same place you can encounter Ghost.

3. In FF9, what is uniquely similar about Kupo Nut, Power Belt, Chimera Armlet, Black Belt, Silk Robe, and Magician Shoes? Hint: think about the first time you can acquire the item

4. FF7 - what limit break is being performed here?
    ff.JPG

5. FFT - The two story battles at Fort Zeakdon and Goland Goal City are the only ones in the game that what?

Articles
    Blog Entries

1. Timber, and the Black Mage Village

2. Tonberry

4. Earth Rave

Karifean got all three.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 35
    Lord Golbez - 19
    Karifean - 18
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. Where am I?
    ff.JPG

2. What am I?
    --I often appear as a boss throughout FF.
    --You can technically run through a game of FF8 without seeing me, but why would you.
    --I'm considered a normal random encounter enemy in FF9 and FF12.

3. In FF9, what is uniquely similar about Kupo Nut, Power Belt, Chimera Armlet, Black Belt, Silk Robe, and Magician Shoes? Hint: the way you obtain the item at the earliest time in the game

4. The name of a location is next to a small purple UFO with yellow lights. Where am I?

5. FFT - The two story battles at Fort Zeakdon and Goland Goal City are the only ones in the game that what? Hint: imagining the two battles is all that is needed (no need to go deep into anything units/job/dialogue/story-wise)
    Last edited by FriendlyYan; 05-02-2020 at 10:38 AM.

1. Deep Sea Research Center in FF8?

4. The Gold Saucer?

Gold Saucer...UFO....never realized the connection until now.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 35
    Lord Golbez - 20
    Karifean - 18
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. Where am I?
    (see previous post, lost image)

2. What am I?
    --I often appear as a boss throughout FF.
    --In FF8, I can be both foe and ally.
    --I'm considered a normal random encounter enemy in FF9 and FF12.

3. In FF9, what is uniquely similar about Kupo Nut, Power Belt, Chimera Armlet, Black Belt, Silk Robe, and Magician Shoes? Hint: the requirement for obtaining each item as early as possible

4. The three-total sequence described by Diamond > Ruby > Glass specifically describes what?

5. FFT - The two story battles at Fort Zeakdon and Goland Goal City are the only ones in the game that what? Hint: can be answered by imagining any two screenshots of the battle

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. Shumi Village, Elder's Hut

2. Cerberus

3. You can't get them in the first disc?

5. Only scenarios where the map is snowing?

1. Wolf Kanno got it with Shumi Village
    Attachment 77071
    ff.JPG

2. Wolf Kanno got it with Cerberus

3. In FF9, what is uniquely similar about Kupo Nut, Power Belt, Chimera Armlet, Black Belt, Silk Robe, and Magician Shoes?
    Dismissing this question.
    These are all the items required in and through ATE's (hence, the only ATE's that you don't want to miss). They would also be the earliest possible time to acquire each item.

5. Wolf Kanno got it with snow. There are only 5 total battles with snow, and once the 3 optional ones are done, the player can't play in snow again.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 38
    Lord Golbez - 20
    Karifean - 18
    Fynn - 9
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. FF8 - What NPC quotes, "Ha ha ha...you guys are cute"?

2. When Zidane is pairing party members to attack the shrine guardians, which two characters does he specifically mention wouldn't be a good idea?

3. What FF character is a 23-year-old female, wearing a cinched belt with a white top and a blue and pink flowing gown below the waist?

4. The three-total sequence described by Diamond > Ruby > Glass specifically describes what?

5. What word precedes a Blade in FF2, Gear in FF9, and a Hat in FF12?

1. This will come to me eventually. I recognize the line. Oh well.

2. Freya and Amarant, I think.

3. Sounds like Yuna. Disclaimer: I don't know what a cinched belt looks like. And I suppose Yuna is too young.

I'm here to destroy you all with my supreme knowledge!

1. Dr Kadowaki (about Squall and Rinoa)
    2. Steiner and Quina
    3. That sounds like Yuna's outfit, but she's only 17. So Yuna 6 years after FFX if she didn't change her clothes at all?
    4. Tiaras in wall market in original FF7
    5. Gaia

JJ Strife got 4.

I didn't realize how close the outfit was to Yuna's. But, as pointed out, Yuna is younger. Also to me, Yuna's dress is more purple than blue.

Leaderboard
    Wolf Kanno - 38
    Lord Golbez - 20
    Karifean - 18
    Fynn - 9
    JJ Strife - 4
    Galuf - 2.5

Questions

1. What minor character dresses up in a large FF character costume shortly after you first see him? He is also found in a different city later in the game.

2. What boss are you fighting with this fixture on screen?
    ff.JPG

3. What playable FF character is a 23-year-old female with long hair, wearing a cinched belt with a white top and a blue and pink flowing gown below the waist?

4. What key item is this?
    hebre.JPG

5. When Eiko says she did something just for show, which item is then received?

Lol did I mention I'm a hardcore Final Fantasy nerd (and also have too much free time atm)

1. Lowell Bridges. Actor in Lindblum, dresses up as moogle to hide from fans, then later moves to Ruby's theatre in Alexandria.
    2. Iguions FF8 (this was hard)
    3. Still no idea.
    4. Leviathan Scales FF7
    5. Ruby item that contains Carbuncle. After breaking spell around Iifa Tree.