Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 7-9 Trivia

Articles
    Blog Entries

1. FF8, Irvine's introduction

4. Thinking this one is about the chocobo greens in FF7 but I don't recall their in-battle models offhand... gonna guess Speed?

5. FF5, "Eater" type enemies

2. Are they the only regular enemies you can't Flee from?

2. Are they both frumious? Okay more seriously, are they both from Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

3. Is this Mideel?

1. What CG sequence begins with a yellow butterfly fluttering and then landing on a guy's finger?
    Karifean got it with Irvine.

2. What do these FFIX enemies have uniquely in common from all other enemies in the game?
    -the first enemy you fight against with Beatrix in your party
    -an enemy that puts a Float status on your entire party with one skill, and then can cast Aero on you
    Lord Golbez got it with Lewis Carroll inventions - Bandersnatch and Jabberwock.

4. Eggplant is to raising stamina/speed/intelligence. Turnip is to raising intelligence. Bell pepper is to raising speed/stamina. Then Apple is to raising what stats?
    Karifean will get it close enough as these are the greens in FF7 and Apple-looking green raises something and tameness, or something.

5. The order of "Nut _____", "Skull _____", and "Soul _____" describes the weakest to strongest what?
    Karifean got it with FFV Eater enemies/squirrels.

Leaderboard
    JJ Strife - 53
    Lord Golbez - 52
    Wolf Kanno - 48
    Karifean - 39
    Fynn - 9
    Mo-Nercy - 8
    Galuf - 2.5
    qwertysaur - 2
    Judge Mandolore - 1
    Raistlin - 1

Questions

1. "Find a red, blue, green and yellow one and place them in a statue" describes one of the easier ways to obtain what item of which only four can be obtained in the game?

2. I am an enemy that appeared in the original Final Fantasy. But I wasn't popular, so I didn't appear again until FFVII but only in the Battle Square under a modified name (I was likely scraped from the game). I became more of a common enemy in FFVIII and FFIX and I even became cards in the respective games. What enemy am I?

3. Somewhere in FFVII - Unlike the rest of the game, random battles on the beach result in the standard grassy terrain field. Where am I?

4. What 6-word line is Squall about to deliver right now in his mind?
    ff8 squall.JPG

5. There are a total of six specific locations. Two locations are Shinra Headquarters and the Ghost Square. What is unique about these six locations?

I got it but my point total didn't increase?

4. I dreamt I was a moron.

1. Moonstone?

5. Turtle's Paradise Ad locations.

@Lord Golbez - yep! +1. I added the point to the wrong person.

1. "Find a red, blue, green and yellow one and place them in a statue" describes one of the easier ways to obtain what item of which only four can be obtained in the game?
    Lord Golbez got it with Moonstone.

2. I am an enemy that appeared in the original Final Fantasy. But I wasn't popular, so I didn't appear again until FFVII but only in the Battle Square under a modified name (I was likely scraped from the game). I became more of a common enemy in FFVIII and FFIX and I even became cards in the respective games. What enemy am I?
    JJ Strife got it with Ochu.

4. What 6-word line is Squall about to deliver right now in his mind?
    Lord Golbez got it with "I dreamt I was a moron"

5. There are a total of six specific locations. Two locations are Shinra Headquarters and the Ghost Square. What is unique about these six locations?
    Lord Golbez got it with Turtle's Paradise flyer locations.

Leaderboard
    Lord Golbez - 56
    JJ Strife - 54
    Wolf Kanno - 47
    Karifean - 39
    Fynn - 9
    Mo-Nercy - 8
    Galuf - 2.5
    qwertysaur - 2
    Judge Mandolore - 1
    Raistlin - 1

Questions

1. Where am I?
    ff8 squall.JPG

2. Complete this spoken dialogue that occurs in a cut scene: "It's party time, ______ ____!"

3. Unlike the rest of the world in FFVII, random battles on the beach result in the standard grassy terrain field. You also come here to for the purposes of chocobo breeding. Where am I?

4. You first fight me as a boss. Later in the game, if you try to enter into either three of the four options, you have to fight me and you can't escape. I'm never a random encounter in the game. What enemy/monster/boss am I?

5. What character is told to open their eyes in a cut scene but then only opens one eye?

Articles
    Blog Entries

1. Just FYI, @FriendlyYanthe image itself has the title "ff8 squall.jpg", not sure if this is an oversight or even misleading, but do watch out for that

3. Mideel?

4. FF9 Antlion

5. Rikku

Even if it narrows down the game, it didn't help me out.

2. Little Lady. FF13 cutscene

2. Complete this spoken dialogue that occurs in a cut scene: "It's party time, ______ ____!"
    JJ Strife got it with "little lady".

3. Unlike the rest of the world in FFVII, random battles on the beach result in the standard grassy terrain field. You also come here to for the purposes of chocobo breeding. Where am I?
    I'll dismiss this question. Goblin Island.

4. You first fight me as a boss. Later in the game, if you try to enter into either three of the four options, you have to fight me and you can't escape. I'm never a random encounter in the game. What enemy/monster/boss am I?
    Karifean got it with Antlion.

5. What character is told to open their eyes in a cut scene but then only opens one eye?
    Karifean got it with Rikku.

Leaderboard

Lord Golbez - 56
    JJ Strife - 55
    Wolf Kanno - 47
    Karifean - 41
    Fynn - 9
    Mo-Nercy - 8
    Galuf - 2.5
    qwertysaur - 2
    Judge Mandolore - 1
    Raistlin - 1

Questions

1. Where am I in FFIX?
    ff8 squall.JPG

2. FFVII - On Disc 1, what does Cloud compare to a train that is confined to the tracks it runs on?

3. A male character makes three "guesses" to what another a female character's name is. In the end, the male character seemed to know all along and was just messing around. Who are these two characters?

4. What weapon is shown here?
    ff weapon.JPG

5. What attack/limit break is shown here?
    ff limit.JPG