Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 7-9 Trivia

Thanks for leaving me the hard one guys. (Okay, the country one is hard too and I have no idea whether the answer given was correct or not).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    (Okay, the country one is hard too and I have no idea whether the answer given was correct or not).
    Me neither! I just know a lot of FFX was inspired by South East Asia.

Mo-Nercy +3. yes, the red lotus lake is in Thailand.
    JJ Strife +1

Leaderboard
    JJ Strife - 50
    Lord Golbez - 47
    Wolf Kanno - 47
    Karifean - 33
    Fynn - 9
    Mo-Nercy - 8
    Galuf - 2.5
    qwertysaur - 2
    Judge Mandolore - 1
    Raistlin - 1

Questions

1. What summon's name is derived from a culture's lord of the star of the dawn, but since the god's name was too long, two letters were dropped?

2. What character's first words in the game begins "Man...I can't believe I..."?

3. Since they have the same name so you can't tell whether you got the rare equipment or the basic version, "the weak version has a single horizontal silver bar running through it, whereas the strong version is more gold in color and has a T-shape on it" best describes how to tell the difference when picking up what equipment?

4. What eventual boss in the game left an angry complaint at an inn about a moogle making too much noise?

5. What recurring FF weapon's name is derived from the following Greek figure with the statue shown?
    persephone.jpg

1. Quezacotl?
    4. Lani

5. Artemis Bow maybe?

Blog Entries

2. Selphie?

Lord Golbez +3
    Yea that's Artemis; had to find a sculpture where she wasn't holding arrows.
    Lani - I thought this could have been tough.
    Quetzalcoatl became Quetzacolt.

Leaderboard
    JJ Strife - 50
    Lord Golbez - 50
    Wolf Kanno - 47
    Karifean - 33
    Fynn - 9
    Mo-Nercy - 8
    Galuf - 2.5
    qwertysaur - 2
    Judge Mandolore - 1
    Raistlin - 1

Questions

1. What FF character's accent is said to be inspired by a European singer who is also known for wearing a bird-like dress at the Academy Awards about two decades ago?

2. What character's first words in the game begins "Man...I can't believe I ____"?

3. Since they have the same name so you can't tell whether you got the rare shield or the basic version, "the weak shield has a single horizontal silver bar running through it, whereas the strong version is more gold in color and has a T-shape on it" best describes how to tell the difference when picking up what shield?

4. FFIX - The possible commands in the Battle Command you see Zidane have in the game (original, if that matters) are: Attack (Defend/Change), Steal, Skill, Dyne, Item, and what?

5. What character has a skill/limit break that shares its name with the extinct animal shown here?
    persephone.jpg

4. SFX? Or something like that during acting battles.

1. Fran?
    2. Yuffie. Can't believe I lost
    5. Wakka - Aurochs?
    Last edited by JJ Strife; 07-18-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Strife View Post
    2. Yuffie. Can't believe I lost
    Man... I can't believe I didn't know that. Considering I just recently (past month or so) replayed that part of FF7.

1. What FF character's accent is said to be inspired by a European singer who is also known for wearing a bird-like dress at the Academy Awards about two decades ago?
    JJ Strife got it with Fran, who has an Icelandic accent inspired by Bjork.

2. What character's first words in the game begins "Man...I can't believe I ____"?
    JJ Strife got it with Yuffie (missing word, lost)

3. Since they have the same name so you can't tell whether you got the rare shield or the basic version, "the weak shield has a single horizontal silver bar running through it, whereas the strong version is more gold in color and has a T-shape on it" best describes how to tell the difference when picking up what shield?
    Will dismiss this question; trying to get the most powerful shield, Escutcheon, through Move-Find at Nelveska Temple.

4. FFIX - The possible commands in the Battle Command you see Zidane have in the game (original, if that matters) are: Attack (Defend/Change), Steal, Skill, Dyne, Item, and what?
    Lord Golbez got it with SFX during the play.

5. What character has a skill/limit break that shares its name with the extinct animal shown here?
    JJ Strife got it with Wakka.

Leaderboard
    JJ Strife - 53
    Lord Golbez - 51
    Wolf Kanno - 47
    Karifean - 33
    Fynn - 9
    Mo-Nercy - 8
    Galuf - 2.5
    qwertysaur - 2
    Judge Mandolore - 1
    Raistlin - 1

Questions

1. What summon name's word origin means "place of delight"?

2. What FFIX character's theme music only consists of piano instrumental?

3. FFX - Wakka says he doesn't feel he needs to rest at all because he doesn't want to stay where?

4. Eggplant is to stamina/speed/intelligence. Turnip is to intelligence. Bell pepper is to speed/stamina. Then Apple is to what?

5. Delivering a flower to help a sick patient is the first part of a long side quest that eventually grants you access to what location?
    Last edited by FriendlyYan; 07-21-2020 at 06:30 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

2. Beatrix
    3. Mi'ihen Highroad Travel Agency
    5. Barheim Passage

4. I actually have no idea, except I remembered that something like Golden Apple gives HP in some version of FFIV, I think. So my guess is HP.

1. What summon name's word origin means "place of delight"?
    Lord Golbez got it with Eden, or "place of pleasure" in Hebrew.

2. What FFIX character's theme music only consists of piano instrumental?
    Karifean got it with Beatrix.

3. FFX - Wakka says he doesn't feel he needs to rest at all because he doesn't want to stay where?
    Karifean got it. Specifically, Rin's Travel Agency.

5. Delivering a flower to help a sick patient is the first part of a long side quest that eventually grants you access to what location?
    Karifean got it with the Barheim Passage.

Leaderboard
    JJ Strife - 53
    Lord Golbez - 52
    Wolf Kanno - 47
    Karifean - 36
    Fynn - 9
    Mo-Nercy - 8
    Galuf - 2.5
    qwertysaur - 2
    Judge Mandolore - 1
    Raistlin - 1

Questions

1. What CG sequence begins with a yellow butterfly fluttering and then landing on a guy's finger?

2. What do these FFIX enemies have uniquely in common from all other enemies in the game?
    -the first enemy you fight against with Beatrix in your party
    -an enemy that puts a Float status on your entire party with one skill, and then can cast Aero on you

3. Somewhere in FFVII, FFVIII, or FFIX: Unlike the rest of the game, random battles on the beach result in the standard grassy terrain field. Where am I?

4. Eggplant is to raising stamina/speed/intelligence. Turnip is to raising intelligence. Bell pepper is to raising speed/stamina. Then Apple is to raising what stats?

5. The order of "Nut _____", "Skull _____", and "Soul _____" describes the weakest to strongest what?