Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 Royal Discussion

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Persona 5 Royal Discussion

Hey so Persona 5 Royal is out now. I got it a day early because my store called me up and said I could pick it up early. I've been playing it since. Finished the first dungeon so far. I'm liking 99% of the changes so far.

I played the base version last year twice and felt like I should've only played it one time prior to this because the story segments are still too fresh in my mind, but enjoying everything that's new.

Oh, and please put spoilers in here for me and everyone else. That being said (SPOILER)I just unlocked the Thieves Den and I can see myself spending a lot of time there once I unlock more stuff. Played a match of Tycoon. Had no idea what I was doing, but I still won, bought a couple of gallery pieces and then changed the theme to Kamoshida's Palace. i felt iffy about it at first, but it looks better than the default layout. Dope trout.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just started pretty much. I honestly don’t know how much of what I’ve played is changed outside of the new character. And guns seem to be different. I’m pretty excited to play through again though.

What changes don’t you like so far, if anything sticks out?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Ammo refilling after every battle yess

The follow up phone calls after seeing a social link is weird. I mean that's not a complaint, gimme more dialogue, can't have too much dialogue, but its weird that you go see your friend and five minutes later they call you ok stalkers.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

If I've not played the original, should I get it or P5R?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably P5R since it is the main game with just more content and some refinements. If you're on a budget though, the original is pretty cheap these days as long as you don't splurge on the DLC.

I'm still on the fence about picking this up. Most of the new content I'm aware of isn't enticing enough outside of the bonus boss battles against the protagonists from P3 and P4. I'm leery of anytime Atlus tries to shoe-horn in another character with the special editions.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I just started pretty much. I honestly don’t know how much of what I’ve played is changed outside of the new character. And guns seem to be different. I’m pretty excited to play through again though.

What changes don’t you like so far, if anything sticks out?
    Well, Tae Takemi got a new voice actor. It's not bad, I just loved her grown and sexy voice in the original.

Right now I'm in between the 3rd and 4th dungeon. Starting to feel overwhelmed with the amount of confidants now. I'm not sure who I should rank up first.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    This is tough, but for me I feel like you have to experience both. There are a lot of changes in this version and I feel like you wouldn't appreciate them as much or get overwhelmed by them if you started with Royal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Ammo refilling after every battle yess

The follow up phone calls after seeing a social link is weird. I mean that's not a complaint, gimme more dialogue, can't have too much dialogue, but its weird that you go see your friend and five minutes later they call you ok stalkers.
    I feel you. I know it's an opportunity to get more rank up points, but it should've been random like you would get a call from them while walking around the city, after doing some activity, or when you wake up the next day.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 04-05-2020 at 03:51 AM.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought something about Tae Takemi seemed different, but I couldn’t figure it out. I honestly cant remember her original voice.

On one level ammo replenishing after every battle seems like a good thing, since it's one less thing to worry about and will make gun use more frequent. On the other hand I'm worried it's going to make the game too easy. Persona 5 was already too easy on normal mode. Not enough to make me choose hard because I imagine that's just going to carry it's own set of annoyances like insufficient cash flow, but it really was too easy. It does not need to be made easier by giving you a full clip of bullets to empty into the enemy each battle. I hope they've added some other balancing aspects to compensate.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

You better put that trout on Hard. I personally switch between Hard and Maerciless. Use Hard for regular enemies and then Merciless for Bosses.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Lol hard to say, one one hand Royal is all the same things plus extra so it makes sense to just get that, on the other hand its like, way extra. Like I'm a little overwhelmed with how much extra it is.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Lol hard to say, one one hand Royal is all the same things plus extra so it makes sense to just get that, on the other hand its like, way extra. Like I'm a little overwhelmed with how much extra it is.
    I really hope (SPOILER)That Hifumi becomes a Phantom Thief because I remember a couple of people told me she originally was going to be , but she got cut due to time constraints and then I was really disappointed with the school trip in the original so i hope that's been expanded upon a lot. I also remember hearing that the cafeteria was cut too. So far I've only been there with Kasumi. I'm waiting for school to start back to see if I can go in there now.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Y'all how do I get Akechi to show up for Rank 2? I keep reading he's supposed to be outside the darts place but I never see him.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

It might determine what time you are during the game. What date is it and he only shows up at night.

I'm approaching the end of the game now with 125 hours. They really added a ton to this game. Despite this being my 2nd time going for it I still wasn't able to max out all of my confidants. I used readings as much as I could, but still.. An incredible game made even better here. I really like Tycoon too. I finally got the hang of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Finally beat Persona 5 Royal. My time is 160:07. Damn, this was a long ride. it was fun as hell though. I'll go deep into my thoughts about it on my next YouTube review.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

LOL he showed up right after I posted that.

Loving how broken all the confidant perks and baton pass upgrades are. I'm doing like 5k of damage easy every turn on Normal lol. People who are already experienced with Persona and will know how to take advantage of these perks will want to put it on hard mode. Morgana really glowed up with the Baton Pass changes. Lucky Strike/Miracle Punch almost always crits so getting a good chain going with him in your party is easy!

Anyway still plugging through, just saved the game last night on 12/24