Thread: Change a game's genre for a different experience

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Change a game's genre for a different experience

I just finished watching the newest season of Castlevania. I absolutely loved it, and I think this medium is a great way to share the game's story.

I really like the world and characters of Castlevania games. I've beaten several of them and I do think they're fun to play. The problem for me is you get the story in bits and pieces. After an hour of platforming, you get a 2 minute dialogue scene.

With that in mind, I'd like to see an open world Castlevania game. Travelling the world, whip in hand, fighting off the terrors of the night one small village at a time.

What game would you like to see in a new light? It doesn't have to be an upgrade. You can want to play a Final Fantasy themed Pac-Man.

Or based on something that's already been made, what's a spin-off that breaks the norm of a franchise you really enjoyed? Despite not being a Sonic game, I still had fun with Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, even though it's basically just Tetris.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think a Mega Man Rhythm Game would be pretty groovy. I think the April's Fools joke SE did a few years back of making a visual novel dating sim type game out of Dissidia would be pretty amusing as well.

TheaterRythm was a pretty snazzy spin-off for Final Fantasy.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Yeah I'd take another theatrythym game with even more songs! FFXV and FFXIV expansions need some songs in there. I think Tactics needed more and also I noticed Tactics advance wasn't in it. I havent played TA but I still think it deserves to be in there considering Crisis core, mystic quest and even some obscure Crystal Chronicles games are in there. Also make multiplayer let you fight each other without the attack thingies if you want, currently only the hardest difficulty has that option but I think all difficulties should. Also make Galuf a starting character and not Bartz ok thank you.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My wife and I really enjoy Splatoon, and I’d like more in that world. I could see enjoying some sort of rpg (just because I like the genre) or a full on rhythm game for that world.

Maybe a Death of a Fansite visual novel (I honestly just couldn’t think of another genre to fit the antics of Psychotic and EoFF off the top of my head). I still need to finish that game. It was actually a ton of fun. I should see if it’s on my laptop.