Did you have the foresight or desire to save the original boxes of your cartridge games? From SNES, to 64, to Gameboy Advance.

I suppose people are more likely to keep them if they're like the Sega Genesis. The plastic clamshell type of case the game fits in nicely. But if it's just a cardboard sleeve, people who aren't collectors wouldn't necessarily see them as valuable later on. Cartridges are pretty sturdy, unlike disks, you can kind of just stack them and not worry about scratching.

I don't have any of the cardboard cases from my childhood. I did keep things like SNES booklets for a long time afterwards, but they've been lost to the sands of time. If I were to buy an old game now, I would keep the box.

There's a pretty cool website called The Cover Project, which lets you print off high quality pictures of game covers. The front, spine, and back. If you print out the cover of a Gameboy Advance game, it fits nicely into the original DS cases, the ones that have a slot for GBA games. So in that way, you can have a plastic cover for GBA titles.

Stole this from Google Images to reference how nice they look on a shelf:

The only thing that's a head scratcher for me is when people throw out their CD cases in exchange for putting all their discs in like a 60 ct burnt CD folder case. That's definitely not for me.