Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Playthrough thoughts thread

XIII is probably a better example. Those "dungeons" were probably a lot worse than Remake, but because it was an original game you never had an earlier shorter version to compare it to, so you never had that anticipation of what was coming next.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Strife View Post
    XIII is probably a better example. Those "dungeons" were probably a lot worse than Remake, but because it was an original game you never had an earlier shorter version to compare it to, so you never had that anticipation of what was coming next.
    Thinking on it more, VIIR's dungeons felt like FFX's dungeons for me. Not much to explore, a few things to distract you, but ultimately a majority of the dungeons felt like they linger way too long for my taste.

Much less puzzle-oriented than X dungeons though.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you ignore the Cloister of Trials (which were good) most of X's dungeons didn't really have much of a puzzle aspect anyway, more optional mini-games sprinkled through really. It's why I feel the comparison works because VIIR's puzzles were really more of a simply distraction than an actual puzzle when you really think about it.

FFX didn't really have a lot of what I would call dungeons aside from the Cloister of Trials. Mostly just in lieu of world map trails from one destination to the next. I guess tjey can count though. It made sense in the context of FFX to have most of the game be "on the road," as it were.

Yeah I assumed by "dungeons" you just meant the cloisters

I can't wait to try the remake out, I don't care about spoilers!

I think all of dungeons that annoyed me were the ones that were just stretched versions of the original game, whereas the ones I enjoyed were new additions.

The ones that annoyed me were the second reactor, the sewers, and the route to wall market with the controllable claw/cranes.

The ones I was OK with were the new train graveyard area, the underground lab, the hojo's drum place, etc

Train Graveyard was not a new area. It was in the original. It was another stretched area.

I know, but they added new stuff is what I meant. The new little subplot with the ghosts and that new building. So it didn't feel like it was just the same thing being stretched.

Compared to that stuff in the second reactor, where they just made you repeat the same rooms over and over again.
    Last edited by JJ Strife; 05-22-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Didn't anyone ever figure out why some characters could see the Whispers and some couldn't?

I haven't heard an explanation for this yet.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I heard it has something to do with whether or not someone touched Aerith

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I heard it has something to do with whether or not someone touched Aerith
    Thought you hadn't played it yet?

Won't that kinda spoil it ahead of time?

It might be anyone who has touched someone else who has touched Aerith, but it can't just be anyone who has touched Aerith. That's way too few people to make sense. All of the Avalanche people can see them before they meet Aerith. Rufus can see them at the end.

So it could be that Cloud transfers it to all of them? I don't know if he touches every single one of them though?